“Third visit and did not disappoint”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This is the third time I stayed at this venue and it was, once again, a pleasure. The staff was attentive and helpful. The room clean and well maintained. (There was a stain on the carpet which looked as though it had been given attention, but which didn't come out.) The bed was especially comfortable. The breakfast was adequate and the staff made every effort to be helpful.
The location, while good, is not great and it is about a fifteen minute car ride to the theaters, harbor and museums.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KeepPeddling
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75

Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel surprised us in many ways. The lobby is beautiful with many different areas for the guests to mingle with newly made friends or just my family outside of the rooms. It really does make all the difference when your traveling with multiple parties! The couches and oversized chairs were brand new & just wonderful! The staff was so helpful & friendly. True meaning of southern hospitality!! They have a well stocked pantry that came in handy quite often for us. It was filled with a variety of snacks & toiletries as well! Made it much easier than having to run to a grocery/drug store in the middle of the night for those emergencies. No complaints at all with the room itself..the beds were rather comfortable and I adored the granite countertops in the obviously newly renovated bathrooms! Much of our time was spent exploring beautiful Sarasota but when we were at the hotel it was nothing but pleasent! We will definitely return to the AmericInn when in Sarasota again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JRfun12
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you very much for your nice comments. We love the new updates at the hotel too! I tried to take the couch home but couldn’t get it in my car.☺ Hope to see you at the AmericInn of Sarasota soon.

AmericInn Staff and Management

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I chose this hotel based on reviews on TripAdvisor, but I am
struggling to find anything redeeming about it. Its clean and the
staff is friendly, but that's about it. I was supposed to stay 3
nights, but cut my trip short because I couldn't stomach the idea of
coming back here again. I had one of the worst nights sleeps I've ever
had. The beds were very uncomfortable... felt like old mattresses
where you feel every spring. The walls are paper thin. You can not
only hear everything in the hallways and the surrounding rooms, but
all the outside noise too. Especially from the pool area with
screaming kids until all hours. The water coming out of my bathroom
sink and shower smelled funny. I guess if you got it for less than $50
on priceline you might be satisfied, but I paid full price $110 a
night per room and thought it was garbage. It was also quite far from
downtown sarasota and beaches. Even though its only a few miles on the
map there are tons of lights and traffic that make the trek into town
difficult. I would not go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Annashapiro

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. The mattresses are just a few years old and they are a Luxury Serta Mattress. Unfortunately it is hard to purchase something that everyone likes. The hotel was actually built with SoundGuard construction which includes foam in the walls to help with noise reduction. The pool is open until 10:30 in the evening which is standard with most hotels.

AmericInn Management

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Note: they change bed sheets only 2 or 3 times a month.

We've been here 7 days and the sheets have yet to be changed and we've asked twice and were guaranteed they'd be changed the next day. We even left their Project Planet card on the bed but it doesn't mean anything since it's just thrown aside. We've not sure when the sheets were last changed.

Nobody quality controls the housekeeping staff since the bare minimum is done regarding cleaning the rooms and beds.

They're quick to take your money but don't deliver the service you're promised.

Room Tip: If you want to know if your sheets are being changed just leave a piece of paaper at the foot of the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

We are so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. We do change the sheets after every check out. If you are staying over we change the sheets every 3 days unless otherwise requested. I do apologize if there was a miscommunication regarding the changing of your sheets. We work very hard to keep a clean hotel and hope you will return to the AmericInn Hotel & Suites so we can prove it to you.

AmericInn Management & Staff

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We chose this hotel because of the location (easy drive from Tampa airport and close to a attraction we were going to the next day - The Big Cat Habitat) and the reasonable price. Like another reviewer, I had never heard of this chain before and wasn't sure what to expect. I had read the reviews but you can't always believe them :) Well I'll tell you, my family and I were very pleased with our stay here. Everything was fine - friendly customer service, no noise from the freeway, cleanliness, and breakfast variety. I was happy to find that the exercise room had a all-in-one cable weight machine in addition to the standard cardio equipment. We enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub. And when I asked for a late check out, the staff was accommodating. Cigarette smell was mentioned in other reviews. That would defiantly have bothered me and I very glad to say that there was was no cigarette odor in our room.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments; we are glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you at AmericInn Hotel & Suites the next time you are in Sarasota.

AmericInn Staff & Management