“Stayed here several times”
Review of Lido Beach Resort

Lido Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Hendersonville
“Stayed here several times”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have stayed here with my husband on both business and leisure trips. There are many different room accommodations. If you stay in the older section (the 4 story) which I have only done once, it will be a basic hotel room. I would advise getting one on an upper floor. The original one we received on the first floor was very musty and they moved us without any issue.

We stayed one time with children and had the Jr Suite but the pullout sofa was broken. Late at night with kids wanting to sleep but they put us in the 2BR Suite for our entire stay at the same rate....that created some loyalty for us to return.

As stated, both times we had issues, the staff rectified the issue to our satisfaction or above.

We have had various other accommodations over the years and all but the two above have been acceptable. No issues with how the room was cleaned or housekeeping while we were there.

We have eaten in the first floor restaurant for breakfast. Food was fine, not memorable, service was slow.

Two pools. Adult only and the other. Both crowded but would be probably vary on the time of year for the family pool. We are more beach oriented so pool is just an hour or so of our day.

I would describe the resort as Florida chabby chic. Lots of pastels and white 'mature' furniture. Every time we go, I think why did I want to come back to this place but the rest of this describes why.

The front desk staff: Several years of the same people and they know how to take care of what you need.

The location: Armands....enough said. You can walk if you want, take the shuttle or drive. So much to do at night or even daytime shopping if weather does not cooperate.

Parking for the hotel is also easy. Some on the street, some in the parking lot and some in the structure. I do not know for sure but think all was free.

The Beach: That wonderful guy that takes care of your beach chairs and umbrella for only $15/day.

The poolside restaurant/bar. I think the same bartenders are there from the first time we ever went. You can also get poolside servers.

This is not a 5 star Ritz or a 4 star Hilton or Hyatt but a 3 on accommodations, 4+ on service and a 5 on location. It depends on what is important to you.

I think it is pricey if you equate if with other similar options but I love the place and just look for deals when I can find them. Happy Travels

Room Tip: many different types....call to clarify what you are booking
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caryn C
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for your very detailed review of your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort and thank you for continuing to return. We have many repeat guests and enjoy seeing the same faces year after year. We look forward to your next visit as well. Thank you again for your review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Two of us stayed at the resort for the weekend. We were unable to book in the tower which would have been better from what I could observe.

Our room was clean but average at best. Very small bathroom - just for one. Bed was comfortable. Quiet at nights. Desk personnel very accomodating and welcoming.

The resort (old building) is a 60s motel looking place, four stories, terrace access, some get a view of the ocean. Lobby meager.

If you eat breakfast at the resort, eat outside, because the aroma from the cleaning fluid is dreadful. Food is OK and reasonable. Unless you go a distance you almost have no choice.

The beach is private and beautiful and crowded in season when we were there.

Room Tip: Stay in tower.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I appreciate your comments and will certainly use them to make improvements. I am hopeful you will enjoy our facility again in the future.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I went here with 3 of my girlfriends needing a budget friendly vacation, and this hotel did not disappoint. We were all able to share one room comfortably and had a kitchen in it, which was great. The staff was friendly, and it is directly on the beach with a beach bar and two pools (one for families and the other with no kids).

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank majmcd
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased to hear you and your friends enjoyed your stay. Hopefully, you will return again soon.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My husband and I stayed 2/14-2/16 in a king oceanfront suite. The view was absolutely gorgeous and the room was quite nice. Nothing really wrong with the room but $404 was way too much to pay for a room. We also stayed at the Pink Shell in Fort Myers and the Sandpearl in Clearwater Beach (both comparable hotels) for half the price. I guess when a hotel room is that pricey you expect absolute perfection. Not to really complain but our dishwasher was very old and started to smoke because it didn't come off the drying cycle. The bathroom shower was old with a handheld showerhead. The hallways leading to the room could also have been much cleaner. The tiki bar was great with 1/2 off bar specials for happy hour. We did have breakfast there and the food was great with prices comparable to other area restaurants. Parking was convenient and staff were friendly/helpful. I would stay there again if the price was more reasonable.

Room Tip: If you want to pay the price, ask for an oceanfront room in the south tower.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sue D
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I apologize not everything was to your liking. I would highly recommend checking our rates in the off season as our rates go down dramatically a week after Easter and in September!
Bordentown, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Nice hotel with beautiful pool and beach. Loved everything except for the Lido Grille nachos (i think they used Cheewiz)!

Room Tip: Any room facing the ocean is great.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you did not enjoy the Nachos. I will be sure to discuss with our Chef and see if we cannot offer an alternative upon request.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
0.7 km away
4.5 km away
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
#4 of 49 in Sarasota

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!