I have stayed here with my husband on both business and leisure trips. There are many different room accommodations. If you stay in the older section (the 4 story) which I have only done once, it will be a basic hotel room. I would advise getting one on an upper floor. The original one we received on the first floor was very musty and they moved us without any issue.
We stayed one time with children and had the Jr Suite but the pullout sofa was broken. Late at night with kids wanting to sleep but they put us in the 2BR Suite for our entire stay at the same rate....that created some loyalty for us to return.
As stated, both times we had issues, the staff rectified the issue to our satisfaction or above.
We have had various other accommodations over the years and all but the two above have been acceptable. No issues with how the room was cleaned or housekeeping while we were there.
We have eaten in the first floor restaurant for breakfast. Food was fine, not memorable, service was slow.
Two pools. Adult only and the other. Both crowded but would be probably vary on the time of year for the family pool. We are more beach oriented so pool is just an hour or so of our day.
I would describe the resort as Florida chabby chic. Lots of pastels and white 'mature' furniture. Every time we go, I think why did I want to come back to this place but the rest of this describes why.
The front desk staff: Several years of the same people and they know how to take care of what you need.
The location: Armands....enough said. You can walk if you want, take the shuttle or drive. So much to do at night or even daytime shopping if weather does not cooperate.
Parking for the hotel is also easy. Some on the street, some in the parking lot and some in the structure. I do not know for sure but think all was free.
The Beach: That wonderful guy that takes care of your beach chairs and umbrella for only $15/day.
The poolside restaurant/bar. I think the same bartenders are there from the first time we ever went. You can also get poolside servers.
This is not a 5 star Ritz or a 4 star Hilton or Hyatt but a 3 on accommodations, 4+ on service and a 5 on location. It depends on what is important to you.
I think it is pricey if you equate if with other similar options but I love the place and just look for deals when I can find them. Happy Travels
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota, Florida