“Very good homemade pasta ”
Review of Sardinia

Sardinia
Reserve with OpenTable
Sardinia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 1,169 Restaurants in Sarasota
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

While visiting a friend in Sarasota we decided to try Sardinia. The hand made pasta was excellent. We also enjoyed the antipasto and house salad. I'd rate this at 95%. If you like very good homemade pasta try Sardinia.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Located in a small well renovated strip mall, the restaurant interior is well done in a modern mid-century manner. It's easy to imagine you are in an Italy or France given the restrained but tasteful decor. Our meal more then matched the surroundings - we found the prosciutto with Sardinian pecorino cheese excellent. The prosciutto was lean, tender and thinly sliced to the point it practically melted in the mouth; the pecorino was creamy with a pleasant saltiness. The brick oven baked pork chop with mushrooms / asparagus was lean but very juicy - the best pork chop I have tasted in several years. The Sardinian culurgiones pasta in a tomato sauced with pecorino-orange zest was perfectly executed and delicious. The homemade veal ravioli with walnuts beautifully done with a subtle mix of flavors. Service was courteous and professional, offering several insightful wine recommendations. The restaurant was full, so reservations recommended. As with any dining room full of people enjoying a fine meal and good company, there may be an understandable level of background noise. It's an Italian restaurant after all - which when well done offers both brilliant food and if the diners are a match - the equal in conversation.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Sardinia proved to be a mix evening for the four of us. Two of our friends had been here twice before in the recent months and were excited for us to give Sardinia a try.
I felt we were rushed from the moment we sat down for a 6:30 reservation on a Monday. The restaurant did get quite full in the next half hour and the noise level reached a high volume that made it quite hard to hear each other. My husband and I shared the octopus appetizer which the chef happily split plated. We thought it tasted very fishy, something that in all are travels around the world we have never experienced. We did eat it but would not recommend this. I had the grouper special which was cooked perfectly and came with an interesting assortment of veggies. However, I felt between the appetizer and the fish, the meal was lacking "fat". The meal was so lean and healthy tasting that I did not feel satisfied. My husband ordered the pork chop. Just as he put is fork into it for the first time the waiter came by and asked how everything was....then he totally disappeared. Well, my husband had not even tasted the pork yet at that time. While he ordered it "medium" it was very over cooked and dry. He did not eat another bite of it. One friend ordered a pasta and I heard her and her husband comment that it was very salty. I did not see the bill but my husband said we paid dearly for the grouper special. I do prefer when the waiter lets you know what the price of the specials are or better yet when they are printed up. Obviously this is a well liked establishment, the upper crust of diners were here, and the decor was polished and nice.

2  Thank RPassion
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I called the restaurant to confirm as I left my house. They checked and could not find my reservation which I made on-line. My wife overhead my conversation and corrected me. I had made the reservation at another restaurant. Disappointed I called Sardinia back and explained. I was offered a table for two in the bar and was assured it was a nice quiet table. As I really wanted to try them, having heard good reports from friends, I accepted and cancelled my other reservation.

I'm glad we did. Located in a nondescript strip mall, I was pleasantly surprised when we entered. The interior was simple, but elegantly so. Our table was right in the bar, but as there was no one sitting there it was very comfortable.

The adjacent dining room was full, but our server appeared quickly and took our beverage order from their limited but well done wine list. The menu had many interesting choices, but variations from many Italian standards. Both our appetizers and entrees were excellent.

The only thing I missed from our trip to Sardinia was a pile of freshly grilled small fish straight from the Costa Smeralda.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Had our first experience at Sardinia and the dining was beyond your traditional Italian cuisine. The pasta was excellent and homemade, the variety of seafood was good and different the way it was prepared. The atmosphere and service were great. I had the stuffed calamari which you very rarely find, it was good but lacking any real taste. My wife makes it so I am a hard critic. The roasted sausage entree was delicious, my wife had the seafood pasta which was good but could of had more of the red sauce. The prices were reasonable for appetizers and entrees. We will likely go back to try some of the other entrees. Worth at least one visit!!!