“Fantastic food and impeccable service”
Review of Sardinia

Sardinia
Reserve with OpenTable
Sardinia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 1,181 Restaurants in Sarasota
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

We had a part of four with reservations for a Thursday evening at 6:30 pm. When we arrived 3 tables were occupied but shorty the restaurant was full.

Two of us had linguine with clams and the waiter explained the bottargo to us. One was served with it on the side which I would recommend to anyone trying this for the first time.

Veal ravioli was excellent as were the fish entrees. The serves a very nice selection of wines and the desserts we delicious. Try the Caramel Pannacotta or the Ricota Tart-delicious.

Nenad was our server who did a wonderful job and was a great host for the evening...at the end of the evening he stationed himself at the door to greet us goodby! We will make this a favorite return dining experience.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 29 October 2016

We went to this place after it was highly recommended by 2 different friends. I ordered the chicken Marsala. It came as simple Schnitzel, no source with fresh arugula and some cut up tomato, like a salad without dressing. The servant gave me olive oil and balsamic vinegar to drizzle on top of the dish. I could have gone to a german restaurant that serves schnitzel, and have it with two side dishes for less money. My husband had a Linguine dish, a spatiality of the chef with raw fish. (fish eggs that the chef prepare himself) it mad the dish very salty' almost inedible.
The service was very good. I think I will continue to go to Venice Fl. for a good Italian meal.
When we walked to the restaurant, the place was empty, and only at the end of the dinner anther couple came in, It was a Friday night.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

The restaurant is located, as many are in this area, in a small strip mall. The service was attentive and answered all of our questions about the menu. I tried the Black Grouper which was delicious. One note, Sardinia only serves wine and beer so if you're looking for a cocktail this is not the place to go. The atmosphere was much like a small eatery in Italy and very conducive to conversation. Overall, an enjoyable place for good food with friends.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Fantastic Italian restaurant, located in a small strip mall located right on 41.
We made a reservation , was a little late at night , when you walk in restaurant , you walk into s small bar area with about 4 high tops , cute area, and on the side is entry to the main restaurant .
We started with some nice wine , and was served there absolutely delicious bread , not sure what it was called specifically, but delicious ! I started with a nice house salad very fresh , good size !
My husband ordered one of the specials of the night it was a fresh cod , we are from New England , where cod is plentiful, but this was one of the best , largest pieces of cod we have had , delicious , I ordered another special of the night , there form of gnocchi, all pasta fresh , served with fava beans , and fresh fish , I had changed up the order a bit but was still fresh a delicious ! The chef usually makes his rounds around the restaurant to see how everything is , and he did this evening ! Delicious !!

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

if you want to feel like you just stepped into a restaurant in Sardinia this is the place for you! Chef Dino (and owner) prepares dishes that are always favolosi, beginning from the basket of typical breads and focaccia to ending with the cheesecake just like my nonna used to make. lots of choices for vegetarians and non, homemade pasta, great wine selection. service is always attentive and caring.

Date of visit: September 2016