“Takeout for a sunset dinner”

Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranked #637 of 1,153 Restaurants in Sarasota
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I like Chipotle. Everything tastes fresh. Call me boring but at every Chipotle I visit I order the same thing - the carnitas salad bowl with guacamole and I'm not disappointed. The staff at this busy Chipotle were indeed busy but friendly and attentive. I took my dinner, drove to the beach with my dog and on a waterside bench enjoyed the golden glow of sunset as I ate my delicious dinner. All was good.

1  Thank Ann622

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Having thoughts of having a chipotle was exciting....first the door was dirty, i didn't want to touch it...ew....then girl behind counter was sour faced....:( they ran out of chicken at lunch time.....long wait....my husband was disappointed at his portion size....& he is not a big eater....felt she should have filled scoop up like the others in front of him....(he was disappointed, i saw his face & felt sad for him)....register girl nice but wasn't paying attention & charged me for someone that was in front of me.....i had to point to my husband...and the guy in front didn't pay for his meal, just walked away....(glad i don't own this place!) wanted to have a picnic...ate seemed alright but something wasn't right & 30 min later we had to dash home immediately..........3 days later things are just getting sorted out.....my husband called manager, said he would call back & NEVER DID....big disappointment, ruined our whole afternoon escape to sarasota! :(

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Had horrible service from this cashier. I had my child with me and she seemed very put out by me. This was very disappointing.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Looking to enjoy a nice veggie bowl at the same Chipotle I have patronized for years, i stopped at the one near Sarasota Memorial Hospital. BiG MiSTAKE! Ordered the veggie bowl - just wanting a nice bowl with the normal allocation of guacamole. Watched the guy in line in front of me get two scoops. Server put one scoop on my bowl and moved the tray down to the cashier. I asked for more and got a blank stare. I explained to the cashier that I ordered the veggie bowl to get the guacamole and he said "you get 4 ounces". Explained that in the past i had always received plenty with the veggie bowl. I told him that is why i had come there - to get a nice bowl with guacamole. Only after i had paid and continued to complain did the option come up of paying for additional quacamole. If that offer had been made when i first raised the issue i would have paid - but the line behind me was long and i told the cashier that i would probably never come back and i took my food and did not enjoy my lunch at all. After eating i asked to communicate with the manager and while she was nice, she explained that the concern was "customers taking advantage of Chipotle by asking for larger servings", and that the allocation is 4 ounces. i explained that all i wanted was what i had always enjoyed and that the person in line in front of me got twice what i received. So here i am a long-term customer who is already clearly disappointed and what i am told is that keeping customers from taking advantage of Chipotle and holding to portions is the most important thing. Interesting business model - trading the loss of a long term customer for a few ounces of quacamole. Good luck with that!

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Let's start with we had a coupon for free sald, sald bowl, burito, or tacos. We got in line and I showed them the coupon and they filled the GF'S order which was the free tacos. I ordered the burrito with which chip and salsa were free. Now here is what we received, the tacos we paid for along with the burrito and the chips were free. I asked twice for the salsa which I did get. It wasn't until we were about to leave, that I found out I paid for the free tacos. I decided not to raise an issue about it. Our food was not very hot and I was a little cautious about going there anyway after all the illness they had in the news. I will not be back. Jessie was the host name on the recept.