“Kinda salty but great service”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #392 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Description: National chainrestaurant.
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I went to Chili's for an easy birthday dinner. It was a Thursday evening but the place was crowded. We were seated quickly and our order was taken right away. I got a Mexican salad with quesadillas, my hubby got a rib and chicken platter with corn on the cob, fries, and garlic bread. My salad was great. It had a lot of very tender chicken and none of the lettuce or spinach was wilted or old. My hubby complained that his meal was very salty. I will say, his corn cob had a spicy, very salty seasoning that neither of us cared for. He asked for a plain corn and was brought an ear that still had salt and pepper on it. He liked his meal but I can see his point: everything on his plate was very salty. I think Chili's may not be the place to dine if you're on a low-sodium diet. Our service was really pretty excellent. The hostess noticed I was looking for our server and asked if she could get me anything. I asked for salsa and she brought some right away herself. Our server was also very attentive. I mentioned while that it was my hubby's birthday and after dinner we were serenaded with the birthday song and he was given a dish of ice cream. The restaurant was noisy, a crying baby, lots of conversations going on around us, but it was a pleasant dinner and everything there was clean including the bathroom. We enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

use to be a regular for 2 decades, yes I have been sick off their food, chicken nachos, so after a year went back, its pretty good, but always in the back of my head. if you order, 50/50 they forget something. so, its hard to give a fair opinion when its so irratic.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We (2 couples) stopped in since this was close to our previous destination. Had the bean dip with chips and salsa to start. We all had something different to eat. The waitress, Veronica, was quick to bring us drink refills even before we asked. She was very friendly and service was speedy. We would stop in this Chili's again.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Never disappointed at this Chilis. Everyone in our party had something different and the food was tasty and portions generous. We had a great server that took good care of us. We took advantage of their 2 for one margaritas which are always a winner.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

We went to Chili's just after buying a car for our daughter to celebrate her newfound freedom.

We all sat at a high top in the bar area so we could watch the ongoing Wimbledon Tennis matches on their TV's. Our server was quick to greet us and took care of everything we needed.

We ordered the usual fare of Burgers/ Fries/ Quesadillas and the famous Salsa and Chips that only Chili's can make. The Salsa and Chips arrived with hot chips(sometimes cold, but not these) and there is nothing better.

When our food arrived, everything was prepared as ordered and the staff did a great job of making sure we had everything we needed all throughout our visit. We will definitely return here when we are in the area again.