See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 March 2015

I get the feeling the Inn is nice for a short stay, but this landlord is clueless when it comes to long-term guests. My list of grievances is long, but I must warn any potential renters of her deceitful nature. Taken out of our deposit: the repair bill for the drapery rod that fell down just by opening the curtains because it was improperly installed to begin with; "phone calls on behalf of tenants" (having to call to learn how to use the TV because there were five remotes and no instructions on how to use them). The clincher: having to deal with a flea infestation (sixty-plus bites), the origin of which is unknown (yet I was charged for the exterminator), but given the pet hair on the less-than-clean furniture and the fact that Florida is known for its pests, is remarkable. I was never so glad to leave someplace.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
21  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Lois is an exceptional host, she made us feel so welcome without being overbearing. She was helpful recommending local sites to see. Our room was lovely with all amenities you could require and very clean. Sitting out in the garden watching the lizards was one of the highlights of my whole holiday! Lots of nice personal touches so you feel comfortable as soon as you arrive. Breakfast was expansive and tasty. If we return to Sarasota we will definitely be staying here again, Thanks Lois :)

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank scotlass81
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed three nights at the Norman Inn and found this bed and breakfast just right for our needs. Our room was private and confortable, the bathroom is large with a tub and shower stall.
Lois is very nice, helping you out with directions, leaving you a nice array of breakfast foods, and unobtrusive. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the inn to anyone wanting to stay at a small bed and breakfast. The Norman Inn is a good value and good location for touring Sarasota.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kyamin
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I've stayed at the Norman Inn twice now, and can only say good things about the experience. Lois, the owner is very welcoming, and goes out of her way to make your time there a good one. I stayed in the Capri Suite both times, which is quite large and includes typical amenities and a very large bathroom with double sinks, separate large shower and a soaker tub. There is also separate access to the back yard and hot tub. However, we were also able to have access to the main part of the house, and certainly didn't feel that we needed to remain in the suite when we were there. One of the best things about B&B's for me is the interaction over breakfast, where Lois is cordial and accommodating to your needs. Fresh Florida grapefruit every day for me! It was more like having coffee with a friend than formal dining. There is no pool, but you're only 10-15 minutes away from one of Sarasota's best beaches in a quiet, residential neighbourhood. Two nice malls are quite close, and there's a killer Thai restaurant less than 5 minutes away. I have no problem rating the Inn as excellent, or recommending it to those who would like a quiet, away-from-it-all sort of place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan C
Reviewed 26 April 2013

My first stay at the Norman Inn was just by luck. I did a search on the net and it looked like it met my needs. I wanted a small place that was close to the tourist areas but not in the "middle" of the noise and traffic of many facilities. The location of the Inn was perfect for my needs. It is just minutes away from the beaches, shops, and restaurants but not hectic.

Overall, the facility was clean and well decorated. I had the suite and it was a very comfortable. The bath was the largest and as nice as I have ever experienced. Right outside my room was a great hot tub which was very relaxing.

A few months ago I had my second visit the the Inn and I had another great experience. Lois, the inn owner is just a super innkeeper. She is dedicated to making her customers feel at home and comfortable. She is pleasant and someone you can have a great conversation with but she is not an "in you face" person. She has the experience and sense to know when her customers want quiet time. The result is just a wonderful experience.

I plan to return again for sure.

Room Tip: I recomment the suite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo