“Old school fancy”

Roessler's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Roessler's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,180 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Roessler's restaurant has been family owned and operated since 1978. Originally, as the Flight Deck at the Venice Airport and then moving to their Sarasota location in 1985. Situated on nearly three acres of manicured gardens and a beautiful lake with a bridge and gazebo, Roessler's is one of the most romantic restaurants on the west coast of Florida.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Old school fancy, formal dining. The atmosphere is a little dated by the wine list and food are done really well. The service is second to none. I had the duck, it was cooked perfectly as were the escargot that preceded it. The Bananas Foster completed the meal and was cooked table-side; a great ending. I hear the meatloaf is out of this world.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

There were 4 of us for dinner. The food and service were superb and way above the norm. The atmosphere was really nice with peaceful, outdoor views which included a pond and walking path. We all felt that the dinner was worth the price which was not much above many mediocre restaurants. The menu was very varied with lots of good choices.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I can not think of enough words to describe the excellent service and food at this family run, beautifully decorated series of rooms, all set on a peaceful garden like setting. Piqued your interest? If you are into fine dining akin to a first class cruise ship, Roessler's is for you. We made a reservation for 5:00, arrived 5 minutes early and customers were waiting for the doors to open. Wow! Not inexpensive, but worth whatever you pay. We ordered a bottle of Italian red wine from the extensive wine menu(37.00), the excellent scallop appetizer(14.00), lamb shank(the evening special, 33.00) and the crispy duck(30.00). All were presented in a timely and beautiful fashion. Our server, Mark has obviously honed his skills to near perfection. He was attentive but not intrusive. I had cut my hand and could not cut my own food. He had it done for me in the kitchen. Service? Indeed! The food quality and excellent skills of the chef are evident in every dish. Will we go back? Absolutely!!!
A five star rating in every aspect.

Roesslers, Manager at Roessler's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you so very much for the wonderful words about Roessler’s. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Soooo our reservation was at 8:45. My first comment is WHY do you even let people make a reservation that late??? Our waiter was Jimmy HE was awesome. The exterior reminds me of the Summer House of years past. The food was good but everything was overshadowed by the total rudeness of the hostess/manager. At 10:00 PM they shut the music off and made us feel very unwelcome. She actually said at 10:15 when we were leaving “we have to go home”!?!? WHO says that??? The caliber of this restaurant is upscale, great wine menu and food but that is where it ends. For sure DO NOT go after 7:00 unless you eat fast and don’t want to take your time. I gave it an average not because of the food but because of the management.

Roesslers, Manager at Roessler's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Sincere apologies for the obvious misunderstanding. Your reservation was for 8:15pm but you arrived at 8:30 and we were perfectly ok with that. You dined for over two hours. We even made dessert drinks for you after the bartender had gone home for the evening. We allowed you to stay at the table and chat and enjoy yourselves for 45 minutes after you finished eating and the last tables had left the building. At 10:45 I very politely told you that we are closing, and that I am very sorry but THE STAFF has to go home sometime in a very joking manor, not that YOU had to go home. One gentleman in the party approached me before this occurred and said, I am sorry I will try to get them moving. He had realized the restaurant was clearly closing. Sorry if you misunderstood the situation, but you were in no way rushed or treated rudely.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Last here in 2015 and once the meal was finished I was sorry I had waited so long to return. The charm is hard to express, but it's stylish comfort food with a European flair. Just an all around comfortable setting. Our table had a bit of everything including schnitzel and fresh fish dishes. Everything was perfectly cooked and served when ready. Their house bread is awesome. Service was spot on. A little on the pricey side but the value was there. Well worth a visit.