“Awesome, as always!”

Ranked #284 of 1,179 Restaurants in Sarasota
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed a great evening dinner here Tuesday June 27, 2017. We were greeted very warmly and immediately seated at a window table, so we could see the small marina. Our server was very friendly and gave us sufficient time to review the menu and specials of the day. We ordered a bottle of Sauvignon blanc to start, which was served in a frozen marble wine chiller. My daughter ordered surf and turf , which was a first for her and I ordered the one pound lobster tail. I specifically come here for lobster tail because I live in Pennsylvania and they usually overcook lobster there, so it's never to my liking. Anyhow, we both ate every bit of food because it was so good. Me and my husband discovered the waterfront 11 years ago and return each time we are in Florida. It's not the typical tourist type of place and that is why we like it so much. It's a hidden gem and it's not evident that it's a true waterfront location until you enter the dining area. I love the waterfront simply because I have always had a great experience and great food at reasonable prices. I am one of the fussiest persons I know and me saying that I love it here is a big compliment. I strongly suggest reservations at every restaurant in Sarasota and make them well enough in advance of you have any special requests.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Looking for dinner and sunset, it is located on a small boat basin. We were seated right away and drink orders taken. The decor is a bit dated but looked clean. The great service was the best part of the meal. We split the beer battered haddock and added a sweet potato to the order, beer bread one bite was enough, standard side salad with the dressing the best part, the fish was a bit greasy and pretty tasteless, we both enjoyed the potatoes.
Paid the check and no reason to linger, wouldn't recommend and won't be back

1  Thank J S
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Everything I've had has been more than satisfactory. Steaks, Pork Chops and sides are superb. Prices are more than reasonable and service is courteous and prompt.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

My wife and I and another couple occasionally will try a restaurant for the first time as an adventure. The somewhat rustic setting nestled along a bulkhead was fitting for a local seafood restaurant with the cozy neighborhood-type bar at the entrance - but this simplistic facade belied the extensive menu choices and extraordinary meals that awaited us. Although the decor and location suggested a seafood entree, Renee (our courteous and knowledgeable server) mentioned the prime rib was a specialty on Friday and Saturday and her confirmation of medium rare (warm rosy red) together with the 6-hour slow roasting method convinced me to give it a try and I ordered the thicker cut (nearly 2 inches). I was served a well-trimmed center cut with a large eye and ample outer layer that was perfectly prepared - uniformly rosy red throughout. This must have been cut from aged prime beef judging from the tenderness and flavor and was, to my pleasant surprise, the best prime rib roast I had in many years (including those served at iconic steakhouses in Chicago where I lived for 30 years). My wife's sea scallops simply prepared in lemon butter and touch of garlic were a delicious complement for a surf and turf tasting between us. Side notes: excellent Greek salad, attentive service and reasonable pricing (beers under $5.00) made for a superb dining experience and a memorable adventure. Can't wait to return (particularly on a Friday or Saturday for the prime rib!

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise. This was one of those places I've driven past a million times and finally stopped at. Everyone in our group had a wonderful meal. Great Greek and Caesar salads to start. "Beer " rolls that tasted like cake. Shish kabob with tender filet, gigantic slice of prime rib cooked to perfection, jumbo scallops too many to finish and large piece of tender salmon. All good, with excellent service to boot. We'll have to go back soon.