“Great taste and great options”
Review of La Mucca Ballerina

La Mucca Ballerina
Ranked #13 of 1,178 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: la Mucca Ballerian - formerly Mozzarella Fella is a great place open for lunch and dinner in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. The owner's are directly from Italy where they also own laMucca Ballerina and serve only the finest, authentic, Italian cuisine and now bring that to you in downtown Sarasota.
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We came to enjoy some tasty Italian food with vegan and vegitarian options. Three pizzas, a salad, an appetizer and a glass of wine was more than ample. Service good. Cost before tip $74 bucks.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Quaint little lunch spot with excellent thick crust pizza and a ton of goofy signage. I will defiantly be back.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This features fresh mozzarella in their sandwiches but constantly forget the mozzarella... if you get to go make sure you check your sandwich because chances are they forgot your mozzarella. Two thumbs down.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP AS OF FEBRUARY 2018!!!!

Went in and ordered the #5 Veal Cutlet. (with Brocolli Rabe, sun dried tomatoes and fresh mozzarella). Veal was cooked but not crispy on the outside like I am used to with previous owners and the veal was dry and no flavor. Bread was also a little dry. There was no balsamic sauce and just a small drizzle of olive oil on the bread. Sorry to say I did not finish my sandwich.

The new owner was making a pizza and they also had free samples of a another kind of pizza with a thin cracker crust and prosciutto and arugula sliced cheese - it was delicious! (I have attached pictures)

They were a tad disorganized. Took around 10 minutes just to get my order in and they were not crowded at all and it was lunchtime. It appeared that the gals behind the counter were still learning and trying to figure out the cash register and the menu.

Did I enjoy my experience? It was okay. Will I go back? I will try them again in a few months and let you know! I wish them well.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We really like this place! We have been welcomed with a smile. We took a sandwich (with mozzarella and tomato) and two types of pizza and we were absolutely amazed by the taste of them. The were the best we have eaten since a very long time! We talked a little with the « Chef » and he is a very nice person. The atmosphere is authentic, the food great and the team very nice. So, I do highly recommend this place.