“Excellent Italian food”

Ranked #16 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Mozzarella Fella is a great place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We really like this place! We have been welcomed with a smile. We took a sandwich (with mozzarella and tomato) and two types of pizza and we were absolutely amazed by the taste of them. The were the best we have eaten since a very long time! We talked a little with the « Chef » and he is a very nice person. The atmosphere is authentic, the food great and the team very nice. So, I do highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We walked in off the street and they immediately handed us a free bread stick we could eat while deciding what to order. They saw us eyeing one of the pre-made pizzas and gave us a large sample. Description: one bite decadence!! I don’t know if there is a name for what I got but it was a type of fire roasted eggplant, fresh tomato pizza with a crispy crunchy crust, chunks of Parmesan, mayonnaise fresh herbs and olive oil. All I know was when I was done I had olive oil dripping off my elbow and a huge smile on my face!! It was a pie recipe straight from Rome!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This modest space houses a very authentic Italian deli, owned by a Roman. Here I have
enjoyed Italian heroes, mozzarella (made in house) salad, a hero with fried eggplant,
mozzarella and roasted peppers, and a particularly tasty sandwich special of
porchetta, provolone and arugula. Porchetta, which is pork that is slow roasted with fennel seeds, garlic and rosemary, is an Italian institution rarely seen outside of Italy. The porchetta here was tender, flavorful and authentic. Absolutely delicious. This place is very special!

1  Thank madlew
Reviewed 1 March 2018

This is a typical Roman diner with authentic prepared food to take out or eat in. Lately they started to serve fresh pasta with authentic dishes from Rome like caccio peppe, carbonara and amatriciana.

1  Thank Pavel K
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We ate here this week before going to Opera in Sarasota. It's a small place but the food is amazing. I had Eggplant parm which was huge and delicious. Their red sauce was great. Also the focaccia bread was good. My husband has his Italian sub sandwich which he enjoyed. However, after tasting my eggplant parm he said he would get that next time. Service is slow so give yourself plenty of time but worth the wait.

1  Thank robin11