“Overrated??”

Ranked #17 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Mozzarella Fella is a great place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We don’t understand what the fuss is about. We stopped at lunch the other day for a sandwich and antipasti salad. The sandwich was on par with “Subway” at twice the price. The salad it was so salty that it was borderline inedible. Service was slow and it took 15 minutes or longer to get the sandwich and then we had a further delay to get the drink. Yes, overrated.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Great lunch!....Real Italian deli style sandwiches made with fresh mozzarella, just like in NY....Not your usual deli sub type food. I had the #4 with prosciutto (delicious) and my buddy had the #5 with veal cutlet...Run by a very nice Italian guy who came by our table to make sure everything was good.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I love, love Mozzarella Fella, before they were sold. Today I ordered the Veal Cutlet, Red Peppers and Mozzarella sandwich. The Veal Cutlet was not only burnt, it was tough! I'll give it another try. I'm just hoping they get better!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I work for a local CPA firm down the block from this restaurant. We do working staff meeting lunches every Wednesday. I was put in charge of these lunches as part of my new employment with this firm. So I am a HUGE believer to Pay It Forward and make purchases from the small business in the area that I live. So I started to scout for local places that could feed our staff under a certain amount and WOW was this place a great choice!

We have a staff of 18 people. So we try to stay standard with our choices but still have a variety so all types of appetites are satisfied.

We have ordered the sandwich platter (large/full) with a 1/2 tray of salad and a pasta side. Each time we have ordered - NO ISSUES and NO Leftovers!

The sandwiches are cut in 3 pieces allowing the staff to choose one or two and some sides.

The pasta is always done nicely and the salad is always on point!

The best part is the fresh MOZZARELLA!! Me personally, I love cheese. But there are a lot of Italians/cheese lovers at the office too - so this place is always a hit!

I also like the fact that I can call a day before, place the order and tell them when I will be there to pick up and it's ready to go!

Staff is great and friendly - I think it recently switched owners but if it did, no change in service or quality! So great switch!

So for those looking to order for parties or office meetings - I totally stand behind this place!

2  Thank BarbThom
Reviewed 3 January 2018

If you like Italian Sandwiches and Italian take out food you must go. Limited seating but so what, wait! it will be worth it. Order anything you want. Its all fantastic. all six of us had something different and not one complaint. Oh yea wish they had regular Chips instead of all the flavored ones. Go eat and enjoy.