“No one in my family liked it!”

Super Buffet VI Sushi Grill
Ranked #536 of 1,153 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My husband said, "A gas station hot dog would have been more enjoyable and a lot cheaper!" My youngest daughter thought she was going to throw up but didn't want to taste it twice. My oldest daughter and I hated the food as well. Just don't bother!

1  Thank Amy B

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Not sure if Nicole remembered us, but we had her as a Server before. She is a very sweet young lady from China. We like this establishment because there is great variety and we both have favorites. If you only like protein, there is unique choices like squid, octopus, frog legs plus traditional seafood, pork, beef or chicken. I love their spicy shrimp that is on the first steam table. I also love their crab rangoon.

We always use their 15% off dinner coupon that is in the Wednesday Food & Wine Section of The Sarasota Herald Tribune Newspaper. It really makes the meal a bargain. There is a 10% coupon for lunch also.

The only downside was that the ladies room handicapped stall sink did not have any running water. The last time I was here I remember it didn't have any hot water....There were 2 sinks that were working in the ladies room, but there wasn't any hand soap in the one dispenser and the other one was close to impossible to get anything out of/I had to take the lid off to dip my hands into the liquid soap!

I don't think that the Sarasota County Health Department would look well on this. The paper towel dispenser was a chore too....Thankfully I had my own container of hand sanitizer along so we were alright. This review wouldn't have been rated "Very Good" if I hadn't brought that along Trust ME! Management needs to correct this ASAP.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My family ate here recently. The food was ok, but I was extremely disappointed in how I was treated when I asked a question about why one of our kids was charged as an adult because he is tall. I was yelled at for an embarrassingly long time. Others in the restaurant were disturbed too and my family, sitting in the far room heard the check-out woman yelling at me and apparently heard her whole diatribe at me wondering at the rude, loud, and unprofessional behavior. It was further unbelievable since the owner witnessed the scolding and not only said nothing to stop her, but stood by doing nothing. Not only was I treated with extreme disrespect, but our kid was still charged as an adult simply because he is tall.

In all of my travel within the US and internationally, I have never experienced such unprofessional and rude behavior. It was simply unacceptable. We will NEVER be returning, and I strongly advise others to choose another place to eat. Our feelings were hurt for hours afterwards. As my nine year old said,"I wasn't even in the discussion and I was shook up."

2  Thank Tyler B
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

This was probably one of the worst Chinese buffets that I've ever been to. The restaurant was very clean but the food itself was awful. Everything I tried tasted like it has been sitting out all day. The Mongolian BBQ was ok but that's where it ends. Even the staff was unfriendly. Save your money and go somewhere else.

1  Thank Jessie W
Reviewed 1 April 2017

The Super Buffet has had some mixed reviews, but I found the restaurant to be clean and to have a good variety of tasty selections. A grill service was also available so you could select items for a personal concoction. Some items, particularly the sushi and ice cream, didn't have labels which are always helpful when making choices. Dinner was priced at $12.99, but discount coupons are published and--I think--there may be a senior discount otherwise. We were satisfied with this choice, not the best but far from the worst.