“Food on buffet cold”

Super Buffet VI Sushi Grill
Ranked #536 of 1,153 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 December 2014

They have a good choice of food and average price for a buffet. The biggest issue with this place is the food was either cold or very lukewarm. I have been here a few times and the food has never been hot. It was warm but not hot. This time, a majority of the dishes, black pepper chicken, pork and mushrooms, lo mein, honey chicken, chicken and broccoli, etc, etc. were actually COLD! At first I thougt it was because I set my plate on the table and went to get sushi. That only took a minute but my food was cold when I returned. So after nibbling on the plate and finding most everything cold, I went up for a fresh plate. I made sure I picked a few things from each of the separate buffet stations to see if it was just one of the stations. I got the same results on the 2nd plate. I know there is a certain tempature you should keep prepared foods at on a buffet to keep bacteria from growing and there is no way they are meeting this. I mentioned it to my waiter and he just said sorry. I decided I didn't want to risk eating this food that was not up to appropriate temperature so I left. I went up to pay and told them again that "the food was not at the correct tempature. A lot of it was cold. It is going to make someone sick". They didn't seem to concerned and just said they would check the temperature. I could see if they were having problems with one of the stations and it wasn't warming like it should but this was food from multiple stations. I saw another review that reported the same problem. If they know about the problem but do not address it, they're opening themselves up to making their customers sick. I do not plan on returning to Super Buffet.

5  Thank kimbabeach

Reviewed 14 December 2014

Really surprised to see such kind of different food together... You can enjoy different kind of sushis while tasting different kind of fish, meat and chicken. Recommend you to arrive there when you are rally hungry... The prices are really cheap....

Reviewed 3 December 2014

The best Asian Buffet on the coast. The largest selection of food. Even has American selections for those that do not like sushi. Great place for the whole family. Open lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 2 December 2014

I have been to several "oriental buffet" restaurants,and this one has a wide selection of oriental dishes. At best, I would rate it average in quality and price. However, you can have a good meal, and leave well satisfied, and, most likely to return.

1  Thank JohnBA7411
Reviewed 2 December 2014

This was a shot-in-the-dark choice as we had not heard anything about it before going. We were pleasantly surprised. The three of us ate from an enormous variety of food. Of perhaps the 25 different entrees tasted, only one was rejected. They were very tasty, well prepared and nicely presented. The other surprise was the $25.00 bill for the three of us. Their dinners are a bit more but still cheaply priced for what was available. We will be going here again.

1  Thank Steve K