All reviews tile floors heated pool needed a place to stay fridge and microwave nice room would stay here again enjoyed our stay clean rooms tiki motel upgrades stove publix furniture beaches grill
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The Tiki Bar was busy and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. A few families were cooking on the bbq grills in the patio area. Check In was a breeze and the desk clerk pleasant and welcoming. The area for breakfast was still under construction but they offer coffee 24/7. Being so close to a busy road we were expecting traffic noise in our room but was pleasantly surprised to not hear it at all. It’s apparently still under construction as areas have construction debris stacked. Our room looked to be partially completed. Just needed finishing touches like fresh grout around the sink areas and the outdated electrical panel removed and drywall repairs. New and/or updated furniture would make it look a lot more current and not like an outdated/being updated motel. The bed was comfy and the a/c nice and cold. Next door to a convenience store and across from a mom & pop diner. Fridge and microwave in room was a bonus. Overall really no complaints. Probably would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Rooms are quite large, and you will have fun stay, with tiki bar and heated pool. Noisy around bar and pool, so if you want quiet don't book 1st floor. Staff very helpful. Mini fridge in room, and coffee. Pool stays open all the time, as long as you are quiet. Stayed only one night, some guests partied loud.

Room Tip: mini fridge in room, and coffee pot. rooms are quite large
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2017

It took 30 minutes to check in and there were 2 people behind the desk and 4 people waiting to check in ahead of me. One of the desk clerks was noticeably impaired and the other was in training. The clerk in training did a great job trying to check us in without guidance from her trainer. I requested to be near another guests room and was told that wouldn't be possible. We go to our room and it was dirty and clearly under construction. We had to run out to a meeting so when we got back I mentioned our disappointment to the clerk in training (who was off the clock). She not only got us a different room she tried to contact the owner to advise him of the situation. The new room was also dirty but not under construction. The drawers were broken and I was standing in 3 inches of water after my shower. After checking out I discovered that I had left something in the first room and had someone go to the hotel to see if they could retrieve it. They were told that it was found but nobody knew what happened to it. Very disappointed since I paid $100 for the night. The hotel is under renovation and there is dangerously exposed 2 foot rebar with no caps on it all around the walkway by the tiki bar. Definately would not recommend or stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Robyn T
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I made a reservation based on the clerk telling me that they were Evacuation Zone C...
However, on Saturday (the day I am supposed to check in) I saw on the news the Evacuation Zone A - which now is mandatory evacuation ... and Lantern inn & Suites is in Zone A !! Therefore I call to cancel - and I am told that because I did not give 24 hours advance notice - I must forfeit $128 .... ( one nights stay)

THAT IS SO WRONG ........... I have no control over the weather - especially Hurricanes !

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room - but then you aren't guaranteed that ...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank FLCharlie
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Clean rooms, perfect location close to airport, friendly staff and very well maintained pool. Tiki Bar and TV cable is a big plus. Good choice for business in Sarasota/Bradenton area, downtown is 10 minutes away.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business