All reviews ringling museum near airport yogurt free breakfast hotel stay the breakfast area directly across the street front desk staff c unit pleasant stay fitness center lido beach lobby sink microwave couch bradenton
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I arrived late the first day and the clerk was a touch disoriented. Since I came after 11 p.m,. as GPS sent me in circles for an hour, the front door was locked and she was slow to open it. My room was on the south east and the air conditioner motor was smooth and quiet so I slept well. I had breakfast and was pleasantly pleased that the staff did not shut breakfast down abruptly at ending time. Desk clerk AJ was very helpful with some issues that arose. I checked out as I expected my work to take me further up the coast. I could not complete all my work and returned late and Adam checked me in and at slight discount in a northern room. We looked at three rooms. They had a musty odor. I suspect there was some problem in the rooms on the north side (closer to the airport). Outside of that, all was ok.

Room Tip: Get a room far from the airport and check it first.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Al A, Manager at Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the SpringHill Suites Sarasota Bradenton through the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

As a VALUED CUSTOMER, we appreciate your feedback.

Management

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I stayed at hotel and got over 100 bed bug bites. The hotel refused to take responsibility.
As a gold Marriott member, I was extremely disappointed in response from hotel and Marriott customer service.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
14  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 4 nights while on a business trip. It was an enjoyable stay.

The location is great. Right by the Sarasota airport and tons of shopping, restauranta and attractions (including the art museum an a classic car museum). Anna Maria Island and the beach are a pleasant 25 minute drive away. I ate at the beach each night before coming back to my room. The location of the hotel feels pretty safe. It's well lit.

The hotel itself is nice. You can tell they have done renovations. The staff is friendly. The breakfast is pretty standard for a free hotel breakfast. The gym was pretty average. They also have an outdoor pool that I did not get to use.

The room was a nice size but somewhat awkwardly laid out. Everything was clean and we'll presented. The bed was pretty firm. Not my cup of tea, but it is for others. They have a sink outside the bathroom, which I love when I travel with my husband. There is a nice kitchenette area with fridge and microwave as well as a deck . I have two complaints. The first being that there is no place to put luggage out. There is only one small TV stand with 2 drawers and a small closet. Not a lot of place to store clothes. Normally, that is not a big deal except this room has no good place to just leave your luggage on the floor. So I was tripping over things the entire time. Better storage or arrangement of space would be nice. My other complaint is with the bathroom. While they did some updating, they stopped very short in the bathroom. The shower is very old and comes with its shower mat. There is nothing that makes me feel like I am back in college in need of shower sandals more than those in-shower mats. The tp holder is also quite a reach from the toilet. That seems like an easy thing to fix.

Overall, it was a good stay. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank aboyer8
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I must say that I was very disappointed in this property and will never stay again. The rooms have musty odors and I tried 3 different rooms and they all had the same problem. The front desk staff were very friendly and amenable. They said they have a problem with some kind of air purification unit that isn't operable. I had a 2 night stay reserved but could barely handle one night.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gwopilot
Al A, Guest Relations Manager at Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Sarasota Bradenton.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Sarasota.

Management

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Adam was very efficient, pleasant, helpful. Check-in was a breeze, room was very clean and cozy. Thought it was a little overpriced, but nice nonetheless. Near busy highway and close to shopping. Pricey but nice.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple