“Loved Dolce Italia!”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A warm welcome to Dolce Italia, celebrating our fourth anniversary. Four years ago we opened with the dream of creating a little gathering place to enjoy good food and good company. You have helped us realize our dream, and we wish to thank you by providing our very best hospitality, ambiance and flavor. We came here from Ischia, Italy to share our passion for creating wholesome Italian Cuisine from our own family traditions. In return, you made us feel like a part of a big happy family here, so we don't miss our Ischia so much. My father created the sculpture of the enchanted Castle Aragonese on our wall to remind us of the beautiful place we were born and raised. Over the last four years, our dreams have come true. We remember each of our customers with fondness, we enjoy every evening that you spend with us, and we feel very lucky to have such a wonderful family of patrons. "La Nostra Casa e la Vostra Casa" (Our Home is your Home) Tiziana & Filippo & Dolce Italia Family
knoxville, TN
“Loved Dolce Italia!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We visited Dolce Italia twice while vacationing in Siesta Key. After reading all of the reviews we decided to try it and we were pleased. All of the specials were delicious and reasonable priced. The restaurant is quaint and they accept reservations. it appeared that many of the patrons were locals and know the owners. The owners are a bit over the top, but they certainly add to the charm. Make sure you try the Risotto and Pappardelle with clams if they are included on the specials. We will definitely return next March:)

3 Thank tennessee_traveller

St. John's, NL
“Pasta was great... Braciole was not.”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We wanted to visit an Italian restaurant while in Sarasota so we went to Tripadvisor and found this restaurant as the #1 choice and figured we would give it a try. Unfortunately it never worked out like we thought it would. The place itself is very small and I didn't find the atmosphere to be great, maybe I am just not used to real Italian I am not sure. The three family members just keep hovering around you all the time, partly due to the tiny size of the restaurant and kitchen area.

We ordered the Antipasta plate which was nice but not outstanding, my wife had the salad which was very basic and I had the Braciole which I was told was made from beef. It was not like any beef I have ever had and not in a good way. I just could not eat it no matter how hard I tried. The accompanying pasta and sauce was great and I wished I had just ordered the pasta because the "beef" left a very bad taste in my mouth.

It was definitely unique! But I would never order the Braciole. One other note is that the regular menu was very well priced but the specials were all $20 or over. I think if you ordered regular pasta you would be pleased.... but I never and I wasn't.

4 Thank Bren0990
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Best authinic Italian food I've eaten”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I have had the wonderful chance to eat at Dolce Italia for the last two years while visiting my sister and brother-in-law. They greet you at the door with hugs and warmth. Usually a relative of the owners is visiting so you get to meet family as well. The food is excellent. We have never been disappointed.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Shirley D
Piqua, Ohio
“Best Restaurant in Sarasota”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Every single item here is delicious. Tiziana makes her own desserts, prepares her sausage, and cooks everything to order. She and her husband, Pippo, provide friendly, personal service in the style of small restaurants in Italy. If risotto is on the special nightly menu, try it. You'll never eat risotto anyplace else again.

3 Thank sharonpiqua
Sarasota, FL
“Fabulous Food -- interesting Service”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My spouse has food allergies yet the friendly chef here made a very tasty
Italian filet of sole that fully met her needs. Excellent cuisine, friendly service. The place was packed last night with happy diners.

5 Thank baycityart