“Worst pizza ever had”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were visiting a friend Friday night and she ordered food delivered. The service was very prompt but the food was not good at all. The pizza was swimming in sauce and had no flavor, same with the other dishes.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were looking for a pizzeria restaurant having walked out of Omar's (Bradenton Beach) due to the unfriendly waitress and dirty tables. Strangers to Sarasota we were heading back down the Tamiami Trail hoping to find somewhere else to eat and spotted Cafe Amalfi. We walked into a charming little restaurant and received a very warm welcome from the staff. It was clean, had a great atmosphere and the attentive waitress made the experience great. All four of us shared pizzas which were also excellent. Our only disappointment was that we discovered this restaurant towards the end of our holiday and didn't get the chance to return!

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

While staying in a nearby hotel, my family ordered carry-out pizza from Cafe Amalfi for lunch. Excellent pizza at a reasonable price. Go here!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Cafe Amalfi is wonderful. Everything homemade in this little hideaway. If you like eggplant, it is delish! Everyone in our family is happy at Cafe Amalfi, ages 2,4,12, 20, 22,36.40,and the over 50's, Yes the setting is retro(dated) and spotless. I am a fan of the chicken piccata and the osso bucco was also excellent. Our grown kids loved the chianti!
The staff is great, professional and helpful. Especially nice to children.
Good food, good service and good wine!
Wish we had a Cafe Amalfi in our neighborhood!

!

1  Thank DebConnecticut_10
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are from Ruskin Florida. We were riding on my Harley Davidson on our way to St. Aramand circle. As we were turning on to Tamiami Trail my back tire blew out. We pulled in the parking lot of Cafe Amalfi. Decided to get lunch while I tried to find a shop to come get my bike and replace the tire. All the shops were busy and couldn't get there for hours. After serving us a very nice lunch at a reasonable price. They called a friend to help us out. Before you think oh a biker friendly establishment. Who wants to go there? I suggest you talk with local charities and ask how much the "biker" community helps them. I will be going there often.

1  Thank Scott J