“Fantastic meal and service”

Mattison's Forty-One
Ranked #129 of 1,181 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Chef Paul Mattison invites you to join us and experience Mattison's Forty-One's elegant, friendly, fun, and comfortable atmosphere. Winner of Florida Trend Magazine's prestigious Golden Spoon Award the menu includes fresh seafood; Mattison's signature meat dishes like lamb, aged beef, and duck; we have a complete tapas menu, including sushi, calamari, Chef Paul Mattison's signature Artichokes Esther, fresh salads, and more. Mattison's Forty-One serves lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch. There is live music and dancing every night along with nightly specials and events including Early Happy Hour, Wine-Pairing Dinners, Cooking Demonstrations and more. The Galleria is a beautiful complete catering facility seating up to 100 people.
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This was a fantastic dinner for my wife and our young children. The three course specials Mattison’s is running are a fantastic deal and delicious. We have too many superlatives for the meal and our server, Robert, who did a fantastic job describing the dishes and how to set up our meals. In addition, kudos to the bar tenders for making great cocktails. My dirty martini was extra cold as I requested and they threw in four blue cheese stuffed olives (shame on those stingy restaurants I come across frequently). On to our meals. My crab cake was delicious paired with the pickled veggies as was my wife’s French onion soup - very robust flavors in the soup. My wife loved her scallops and the deconstructed pot roast was rich and savory. I was steered correctly by Robert to go light with the appetizer ahead of the pot roast. Last, the chocolate torte was great and my kids and I ate up the sorbet with strawberry purée and berries. They loved it. For the kids meal, my daughters enjoyed the chicken and mashed potatoes and asparagus as well as our meals too. Finally, I’d be remiss if I forgot to note that we enjoyed the music in the bar - my girls loved the musician. We will be back. Great food, great service, very reasonable prices.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 29 August 2017

First, I will say the manager responded properly to the bad experience, and I thank him for that, but I have passed this restaurant so many times but had never eaten here. We randomly pulled in and would have preferred Wendy's. Maybe because we entered at 8:45, 15 minutes before kitchen closed, but we were served what tasted like unseasoned, cold entres. Vegetables were old and soggy and cold. Fish was not seasoned and terrible. Bread was brought out from afternoon lunch, stale and tried to cover up by putting 10 seconds in microwave. So surprised as their entres are mostly around $30. This is not a diner, but a fine dining restaurant. The calamari was good.
Again, to the manager for agreeing it wasn't presentable dish, but would never return. Why/ When there are so many other restaurants, you get one chance to make a good first impression. The only good thing I can say was that the service was slow, I guess the waiters were in no hurry to serve this slop.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorite go to restaurants for everything from happy hour to special occasions and everything in between. The food and service is consistent and always has been. You never have to guess what kind of meal you'll have; it is always second to none.

Happy hour goes until close at the bar and you always find live music there. Thank you Paul Mattison for continuing to deliver. As far as I'm concerned there is no competition in this town for you

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Visited again after two years with friends and we ordered many appetizers and shared tappas style. This was fun and the quality of the food exceeded that of our last visit ordering conventional dinners. Would return on this more casual basis with a group of 4-6 people.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My battery died outside a Panera in Sarasota, so we calked a Honda guy to jump the battery and then we drove to Wilde Honda in Sarasota off of Hwy 41 to replace it. Since it was lunch time, we ate at Mattison's next door. The service advisor said it was good. It was very good, more formal but still a nice lunch menu. A 11 year old young lady seated us which was cute. Good eats, new battery. Good day.

Date of visit: June 2017