“What can you expect for $9 ?”

Connors Steak & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Connors Steak & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,165 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Description: We specialize in fresh seafood and premium aged steaks, as well as gourmet salads, pastas and more! Enjoy a memorable evening with friends and family in our well-appointed dining rooms, or stop by for the lunch you and your associates deserve. Our friendly service and flavorful fare will keep you coming back for more.
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Well surprisingly a very good lunch! In my case fish and chips although you can substitute the side dish so for instance you could have fish and baked potato. The three pieces of fish were also accompanied by caper sauce and coleslaw as well as bread and pesto dip.There were many other choices in the $9 menu plus those for $10 if you want to splash out!!!
My server, Kelly, needs a special mention for her professionalism.
Comfortable pleasant surroundings too.

ConnorsSteakSeafood, Guest Relations Manager at Connors Steak & Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for your compliments on our lunch menu, waitstaff, and atmosphere, we're glad you enjoyed a surprisingly good lunch with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

This was our 3rd visit to Connors. The first time was pretty awesome, but I never review until at least the 2nd or 3rd visit. The 2nd visit was less than exceptional. I ordered the corned beef Reuben. Should have been called the sauerkraut Reuben. There was literally 3 ultra thin slices of corned beef on the sandwich and about 2 inches of soggy sauerkraut. See photo.

Today was my 3rd visit with my wife. I ordered the salad and 2 sides, as did my wife. I got the blue cheese wedge. She got the Caesar. The couple we went with ordered chicken fingers and roast beef sandwich. My sides were mac and cheese and collards. My wife got fries and cheese grits. The other couple both got mac and cheese. All of us had to send back the mac and cheese because it was cold and the pasta was not cooked. Not even close to al dente. They brought back the mac and cheese sides and they were all floating in liquid. I actually poured all of my liquid off into my plate. Nobody ate more than 3-4 bites. It was honestly the worst mac and cheese I have personally ever tasted. I would have been happy with a box of Kraft.

The collard greens were horribly under cooked and also cold. I sent them back. They were microwaved and brought back to me. Still under cooked. The cheese grits were like eating mortar. I know the word is grit but these were literally gritty like sand. They were also inedible. My wife took one bite and gave them to me. I took two bites.

Our friend's roast beef sandwich had so much fat on it, he spent about 5 minutes trimming it before he could eat it. The chicken fingers his wife got were overcooked and dry. You could tell by looking at them how badly they were overcooked.

So, when the waiter cleaned our table, he took a total of six sides off our table that were all 75% full and did not make one comment or ask us if anything was wrong with them. And when the kitchen gets back 3 different side dishes of mac and cheese that had barely been touched, you'd think they would notice that something wasn't quite right. Nope, not a word from the kitchen.

I was really pleased with Connors after our first visit. I thought it was the best shrimp and grits I had ever eaten, but when I got the same dish the 2nd time we went, it was completely different. There were so many green peppers in the dish that the entire dish took on the taste of green peppers. This 3rd time will be our last. How can you not cook mac and cheese? How can the kitchen not see that the pasta was literally swimming in cheese colored water?

This place had promise and now it's just another disappointing eatery in Sarasota with untrained wait staff and no attention to detail in the kitchen. What a shame.

Thank you for your honest feedback about your most recent dining experience. We are sorry to hear that subsequent visits have failed to live up to the awesome first visit you had with us, but we appreciate your review, so we can address the issues of these incorrectly prepared dishes with our staff, and thus better serve our guests in the future. We would like to make this right with you, and invite you to call the restaurant and speak with the manager directly about the issues you experienced with your group's meals - let them know you were directed there by your TripAdvisor review response. We hope we can address this matter to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

As expected the food was excellent. We all had the prime rib, their specialty. We all loved it. It set a higher standard for prime rib now.. it’s that good. Try the strawberry short cake but the bananas foster arrived melted into soup. That was the only disappointment there. Delicious. We will go back soon.

Thank you for your compliments on our prime rib, we're glad you all enjoyed your dining experience with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Went for a dinner with a friend and had John as a waiter. Had appetizers and ribeyes and everything was perfect. Would highly recommend to all..

2  Thank eatalot18

Thank you for your compliments on our menu and waitstaff, as well as your recommendation! We're glad John could serve you a five-star dining experience, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Our food was delicious! The calamari as an appetizer was perfect! The Sea Bass was done perfectly and I loved it. Our waiter was so very nice. We will definitely return again.

Thank you for your compliments on our menu and waitstaff, we're so glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!