“Great new place in Gulf Gate”
Review of Chefs2u

Chefs2u
Ranked #413 of 1,144 Restaurants in Sarasota
Reviewed 27 February 2017

This new restaurant will definitely be on our list of places for breakfast, brunch and lunch. Though only open a few months in this small restaurant space, Ken (the owner and primary chef) and his crew have been around Sarasota for a while and you might know them from their food truck that still is popular in this area. In fact, that's why the restaurant is closed on Saturday! The food truck hits a bunch of local venues regularly. Every day lunch specials include some sort of great soup (I had their black bean on my first visit and it was spectacular), plus at least two different orders. I've had their Greek salad special with blackened chicken breast and pita. My husband chose the turkey, cranberry and brie sandwich on a tomato-rye swirl bread. On other trips, I dove into lemon curd pancackes, and the stuffed French toast of the day. My friends tried the Taylor Pork Roll sandwich (a New Jersey specialty) and the Mediterranean Pita, filled with chicken, tzaziki and vegetables. The side dish of quinoa and wild rice is especially nice and filling. Nick the waiter, who also can work in the kitchen, is so personable and attentive. Portions are generous and prices are not over the top. This is a winner!

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

This place is conveniently located and the food is fresh prepared and delicious. They did my meal just how I wanted it and the wait staff was fun and friendly!!!

1  Thank Gina M
Reviewed 17 February 2017

just ate breakfast at Chefs2u in the gulfgate area of Sarasota. One of the best breakfasts ever! Fresh ingredients, cute, friendly place with reasonable prices. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We have had both breakfast and lunch at chefs2u. Everything we had was delicious, simple but gourmet at the same time. The prices are reasonable for both the portions and quality of the food. The staff was very attentive, and the chef came to our table to ask how we liked our meal. The chef is known in town for his wonderful catering. We are glad he decided to open this small, stand alone restaurant