“This is Solorzano's Italian Restuarant....NOT Solarzano's Pizza”

Solorzano's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Same family....different venue. This restaurant is a lovely little sit down restaurant serving excellent, fresh pasta, meats, etc. It is not a pizza parlor (two other "Solarzano" branded restaurants in Sarasota are).

Great meal, friendly owner. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank biztrav123

Reviewed 4 June 2017

If you want to get a very nice chicken parm, eggplant parm, salad, and soup with an average bottle of wine and pay $122 including tip for 2 people, this is the place for you. I could have walked out after looking at the menu and especially the highly marked up wine list but it was getting late and we were hungry. The atmosphere was dark and the place small and it made for relaxing dining. But the menu is very limited and mainly consisted of traditional Italian dishes with red sauce. The chicken parm was done very well with a light crust and moist perfectly done chicken breast and excellent sauce. The portion size was moderate. At $23 is was on the expensive side for this kind of food and I think a house salad should have been included. Instead, we ordered one for $8.50 which was way to heavy with the balsamic dressing. The least expensive red wine was $36 a bottle. They do not allow a corkerage charge. This restaurant is overpriced for the type of food its serves and they should offer less expensive wine choices. We will not be back.

2  Thank kod
Reviewed 3 June 2017

The food, staff, owners and atmosphere were wonderful! It was a very nice evening. Not just good food, but a dinner that made you forget in are in Sarasota. I am a 56 year old woman dining with my husband and 25 year old daughter and finance. We all loved it.

1  Thank tootleTennessee
Reviewed 15 May 2017

This is my second visit to Solorzano's Restaurant in the last few years, and I have to say that the food is still consistently authentic and delicious. The atmosphere and the music brings me back to my vacation in Italy. I do have to say that the prices have gone up again, and even though the food was excellent, it wasn't worth the price. I was also very disappointed that I could not get my favorite glass of wine, which I had the last time I visited. If I wanted it, I had to buy a bottle.

1  Thank lbcakes
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Wonderful experience. The owners are terrific people! Franca is a lovely woman who makes you feel like you are family. The ambiance is like no other . Truly in a class all by itself. The food was amazing ! The food is of excellent quality. Our ravioli with Bolognese was terrific and the seafood lasagna excellent. The meatballs were to die for , just like my grandmothers !We felt as though we were at the family dinner table . What a delight from the moment we were greeted . We can not wait to come back. This is without a doubt the BEST Italian food in Sarasota ! Thank you for a wonderful evening. All the best !

1  Thank spiccolo170