“Renovated Decor and Menu”

FOOW- Fish Out Of Water
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 30-A
Description: FOOW is the acronym for the restaurant formerly known as Fish Out of Water at WaterColor, FL. After a significant renovation, the restaurant reopened on June 23, 2018; and remains committed to offering the same high-quality service and cuisine it is known for, now in a more approachable coastal setting. As one of the 30A area’s only large family-style restaurants and bars overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, FOOW embodies the spirit of the WaterColor community: coastal, fun, and unpretentious, with impeccable service and cuisine. The menu, drinks, and interior design, coupled with a streamlined open-air kitchen, create a lively and engaging ambience- perfect for a midday break with family, a fun evening with friends or a romantic date night. FOOW features live music seasonally; and the expanded FOOWbar offers an inspired beverage program. For large groups for special celebrations, the FOOWroom is a private getaway from the crowds, surrounded by an impressive wine cellar.
Reviewed 11 November 2018

Fish Out of Water is completely renovated. Although not a "five star" restaurant as previously rated, it is still an excellent restaurant. The menu offers a variety of dishes that are very tasty but while not large dishes are reasonably priced for this venue with seating both inside and out. The renovation has moved the bar from just inside the door to inside location with a beach view. A bar has also been added to the outside seating. Service is very good. Breakfast is no longer offered here which was a disappointment.

Date of visit: October 2018
Quinn D, Food & Beverage Supervisor at FOOW- Fish Out Of Water, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you Mr. H for your review. We very much value the feedback from our guest's whether negative or positive. It helps us to continually strive in making our guest experience the very best it can be. While we no longer offer breakfast at the new FOOW, we do have a wonderful breakfast option within the hotel at The Gathering Spot. We invite you to stop by at your convenience and visit with us for a wonderful southern/coastal breakfast. We will look forward to your visit and I will personally stop by and visit with you!

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to "FOOW" and I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant has apparently undergone a resent remodel and was beautiful and the view of the water was equally as nice. I enjoyed the chicken sandwich and French fries. The batter on the chicken was light, crispy and delicious. My friends ordered the gyro and burger, to which both agreed were very tasty. A sandwich lunch will cost $15 - $20.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Very vegetarian friendly. Gorgeous views - from inside and outside. Very friendly employees. Loved that it’s very stately in appearance but beachwear is acceptable for clothing. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 30 September 2018

We had lunch at the newly renovated FOOW a couple of weeks ago and it was wonderful.We had the pimento cheese dip with bubble chips, spicy shrimp, and fish tacos. They were all incredible! We bragged to all of our friends about the new menu and look of the restaurant. We went back for dinner on Friday, September 28th with friends. We ordered the pimento cheese dip and and the dip was cold, and the bubble chips were stale. The duck fat fries were limp and greasy. Any restaurant can have an off night and they were very busy, but the nashville chicken was FROZEN chicken strips with a strange sauce (the chef has obviously never tasted nashville chicken). Our friend ordered a grilled chicken caesar salad and the chicken was like leather. We all agreed we could have gone to McDonald's and had better chicken strips. I never write negative reviews about a restaurant because I recognize there are so many factors going into the perception of a good meal. However, there is no excuse in a restaurant of this calibre serving frozen chicken strips. I truly urge the chef to visit Craft Bar in Grand Boulevard to taste real nashville chicken. The one positive I will say is that the bar is a great gathering place with friends, and the view is wonderful! I hope they get the kinks worked out. As a local, we need great restaurants.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

It really is lovely to sit outside and enjoy the view. The decor inside the restaurant is nice too. I found it very light and airy. The wait staff were attentive and nice. We went for lunch and we all enjoyed it. I had the shrimp po’boy with a side of fruit. The food was good, but I wondered where the other half of my sandwich was. I understand these were lunch portions, but then you need to charge lunch prices. $18 for 3 shrimp on a piece of bread and fruit is too much, even with the gorgeous view. Nor was I willing to pay $4 for a coke. They do have a children’s menu. My daughter said it was the best macaroni she has ever had. The food really is good and you won’t be disappointed in the quality of what you are eating or the view.

1  Thank Julestwo