“Great fish tacos”

Local Catch Bar & Grill
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Coastal cuisine with a Southern twist.
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I have been here a few times now and every time we vacation in the area going to the local catch is a must! This last time I got the shrimp and grits tacos and they were simply amazing! The regular fish tacos are some of my favorite as well. The staff was friendly and fun too.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Wanted to see where the "locals" eat so we tried this restaurant. Great jalapeño appetizer. The ceviche was terrific as well - especially with homemade tortilla chips (made from pita so NOT gluten-free friendly). Salad with blackened grouper was really good as well. My choices for two of draft beers were both out, and draft Bud Light was warm. Overall, a good meal and not too pricey.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

I did not like my meal with friends here. They were unhappy when my husband and I arrived to join the four of them. Here is what happened, and what you need to know about happy hour.

We met at 5:30 pm. The website advertised happy hour prices 3-5 pm weeknights. Our friends were seated at a table for six. All four were not happy -- After being seated - they were told happy hour applied to "in the bar" only.

They offered to move, but sitting together in the bar was limited space. So we stayed put and ordered full price drinks. Our server was also not in a good mood. She did give a good description of a special. It was an open-face sliced beef sandwich with melted cheese. Three people got that.
Three of us got shrimp dishes.

We met there for seafood and happy hour. We had no happy hour and three chose beef. Go figure.

This is why I cannot pick a tittle for this. I was so not happy. The wine I got was not good and I should have sent it back. The "who dat" shrimp appetizer was over cooked and I could have done the same. At that point I was too tired to care.

Two notes: key lime pie ordered by friend was excellent. The three loved their beef. Go figure!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Stopped in here for a wonderful lunch experience. I had the Cobb salad with grilled shrimp. It was great! My husband had the blackened grouped sandwich and he loved his lunch as well! Service was great!

Reviewed 7 February 2017

We enjoyed wonderful fish tacos for lunch. Great service, good menu options. The decor is outdated and the patio is dark.