“Outstanding Mahi Mahi / Great Service”

Old Florida Fish House & Bar
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Old Florida Fish House, located in the heart of Seagrove Beach, Florida. First opening its doors in the summer of 2005, the Fish House is a family friendly restaurant that features daily seafood specials prepared by our executive chef, Paul Richards and some of the best sushi available on the Emerald Coast. A casual atmosphere, along with lakefront dining, is sure to provide you and your family with the perfect celebratory experience. Dinner and sushi start at 5 PM and no reservations are required or observed. We would also like to invite you to visit us at the Porch serving lunch daily. The newest addition to the Old Florida Fish House, the Porch is a beautiful full service bar built on a screened in porch right along Eastern Lake. The bar and tables are made from sinker cypress wood and offers guests a gorgeous view in a relaxed setting with plenty of big screen high definition televisions to watch the big game. The Porch is open every day of the week for lunch and dinner, starting at 11am. Old Florida Fish House is considered a hidden gem on 30A and graciously takes the crown as a favorite local's hot spot. With seating in the hundreds, celebrations are encouraged. Proudly featuring local live music and happy hour, Old Florida Fish House is a hidden gem and one you don't want to miss when you come visit South Walton! We look forward to having you soon!
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I admit going in my bar was a little low given it's the end of the high tourist season, but we always give a local seafood restaurant a try when we visit. We were not disappointed! I had the Mahi Mahi and requested it grilled (instead of blackened as offered on the menu) and my request was met with enthusiasm by our server. It ranked among the best seafood I have eaten--fresh, tasty, over a bed of bay scallops with tarragon cream sauce, awesome fresh vegetable medley and rice pilaf; it exceeded my expectations. My wife had the Fried Fish Platter with shrimp and grouper--but without the typical touristy deep fried finish--it was light and flavorful without being burdened by the taste and feel of the frying oil; again, exceeding expectations. The dessert was homemade--deep dish key lime pie. My family of four sat in the bar/porch area and were treated to a setting sun overlooking the lake. With a bottle of wine our total bill was under $150 (incl. tip for awesome service). We may have to break our tradition of trying a new restaurant next time--OFFH is on our list for a repeat visit!

Jill M, Owner at Old Florida Fish House & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you so much for such an incredible review! We pride ourselves on serving the freshest seafood on the Emerald Coast, and look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Always look for to some bar food on the lake for lunch or a great dinner at the OFFH. Sushi is some of the best I have had.

We are so glad that you love dining at Old Florida Fish House! We hope that you come back again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We were seated quickly and had excellent service! I was a little disappointed in my fried platter, it was mediocre at best. No one in our party was blown away by the food. We did have sushi which was the highlight of the meal. Prices were fair, about what you'd expect to pay at the beach.

We are glad that you loved our sushi, it is by far our favorite menu item! All of our staff are outstanding, and we’re glad that you enjoyed your service. We hope that you come back again with your friends and family!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The last time I had eaten here (probably May) I had said that I would not be back .....but two weeks ago we decided to give OFFH one more chance! It is such a beautiful restaurant with a great atmosphere.....we just wish that we loved the food! I ordered the small filet mignon & boy was it SMALL!! The wedge I ordered was average! The other items that my friends ordered were very average.....they said "nothing to brag about!" The only thing that we had that was outstanding was the sushi!! We really love this location & the atmosphere....just wish they would work on a new menu & new cooks! The hostess are always top notch! Waiters & waitresses are good but not overly energetic.

2  Thank Chebow

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you coming back to give us another try. We are always updating our specials and trying to add new additions to the menu, and will definitely continue trying new dishes. Our sushi is fantastic, and we hope you come back again soon to Old Florida Fish House!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We were on the beach a little longer than we planned and still needed a place to eat. With a party of 10, we didn't think it was going to be easy. Went down the road and put our name down. Was an hour wait, but didn't seem that long with all the things outside to entertain the kids. Once we were seated, the food was amazing. Smoked tuna tip was phenomenal. Sushi was great. Will definitely go there again.

Parties of any size are our specialty! With our beautiful view of Eastern Lake, we knew we had to take advantage by providing lots of outdoor games and entertainment for the whole family. We appreciate you writing such an amazing review!