All reviews quiet residential neighborhood home away from home the ding darling wildlife refuge laundry facilities are the kitchen beach access beach equipment lounge chairs darwin pond bikes florida grounds sanibel accommodations watchers inns
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the West End Paradise from 4//12 to 5/4 2012. Our room contained everything we needed for the beach and shelling. Bikes were always available. The beach is a short walk or bike ride away. The proximity to Bomans Beach and Captiva Island is wonderful. My husband shelled at the crack of dawn every day. Sunsets were spectacular, even on overcast evenings. Darwin recommended dinner at Doc Fords and and it was the best meal we had on the island. We can't wait to return to the West End Paradise I would recommend a unit with a screen porch to anyone considering a stay. None were available for our stay and I definitely missed having one.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank MAUREEN C
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at West End Paradise and I wish we'd stayed longer. It is beautifully maintained by the owner Darwin, and offers excellent value for money as there are a lot of extras included in the price. The location is fabulous, peaceful and the gardens are full of exotic wildlife. Darwin couldn't be more helpful and is happy to help you plan your stay on the island depending on your interests. Its located a minutes drive from the private beach with designated parking and all the beach gear you could wish for is available in the cottages. Take advantage of the bikes and canoe and enjoy the wildlife on the 2 ponds in the fabulous grounds. Cant wait to return, thank you Darwin.

Room Tip: All are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jess22
Reviewed 8 March 2012

West End Paradise, to me, is nearly perfect. A gracious and helpful host; spacious, spotlessly clean, and well-appointed accommodations; wonderful surroundings; only six units; everything one could need for the nearly empty beach; a 15-minute ride on a (free) bike to "Ding" Darling; and away from the hub-bub and congestion of the other end of the island. If you want a pool and staff to wait on you, make your bed, etc. you won't like it. If you want to kick back in a home away from home in paradise, this is the place. (Highlights of our week: "Ding" Darling, sunset kayak paddle to Tarpon Bay rookery [amazing!], Sweet Melissa's)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TravelHungry47
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This place is a haven in heaven. It is off the track enough to avoid the Periwinkle Paralysis and accesses one of the sweetest beaches on the island.... where a busy beach day might have 10 other beach goers in view.

Even the smallest room has all that is needed to get into the Sanibel rapture -- breakfast at the Lighthouse Cafe, a trip though Ding Darling, and the rest of the day.... beaching it. Toss in a sunset followed by dinner at Sweet Melissa's and you are then primed to start all over again!

The entire property is beautiful and five star clean. All you need to beach it is included the rooms and you have access to a fleet of very nice bicycles. I cannot imagine anyone staying here going wanting for anything.

This arrangement may be not for those wheeling around the island in a Range Rover or Hummer. But for us, it is paradise.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank FondriestX
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My wife and I spent five days on Sanibel over New Years and spent the whole time at the West-End Paradise. We stayed in their smallest room, but it came very well equipped. We had a small frige, a microwave, plates, silverware, glasses, etc... It even came with beach chairs and a cooler. They have larger rooms with multiple bedrooms, but since it was just my wife and I it was plenty of space.

We were warmly greeted when we arrived and Darwin checked in with us throughout our stay to make sure we had everything we needed. They offer bikes for free to ride around the island.

One of the best things about the West-End Paradise is the location. They're less than five minute drive from the Ding Darling wildlife refuge and Tarpon Bay for kayaking. It's also about 1,000 feet from a beautiful beach where we could watch the sun set. There is parking right next to the beach if you prefer not to walk. We'd definitely go back there again.

Room Tip: I recommend the room we stayed in, the efficiency, provided you're just two and don't need a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple