Spent a very enjoyable two nights at the Kona Kai - shame our schedule did not allow us to stay longer. We booked based on the reviews here as it sounded as though it would be just the kind of place my husband and I like to stay at. We arrived very late but we were greeted cheerfully by Lenny. We were very generously given an efficient style room for the price of a motel room. Lovely surprise. The kitchen area was very well equipped and it was nice having a separate dining area with table and chairs - very spacious. We loved the outside space - lots of palm trees and little walkways, shells and lizards. We spotted a red shouldered hawk flying over our room. Felt really tropical and secluded even though it was off the main road. The barbecue and pool area were lovely. We really enjoyed cooling off in the pool after a hot day at the beach. Close to all the amenities and a great base for the J "Ding" Darling Reserve - would recommend a guided tour with Barry. Well worth it if you are into wildlife and learning a bit more about the area. Brenda and Lenny made us feel very welcome. Will be going back when the mangos and the pineapples are ready to eat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our inn borders the Sanibel river for our guests who love to fish or kayak. We are located directly on the bike path and are close to shopping, restaurants and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Kona Kai Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Hotel Sanibel Island
- Kona Kai Sanibel Island
- Kona Kai Motel Sanibel Island, Florida