See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at the cottages during spring break. It was very quiet and peaceful. The beach and pool were both very nice and clean. We stayed on the top floor so it was a haul to carry our luggage and groceries up the stairs. Consider this if you have elderly or handicap persons in your party. Also the floors are not soundproof so I am sure the people under us could hear us. I would not want to be on the bottom floor. The cottage was spacious and beautiful and the screened in porch was a delight. Enjoyed morning coffee and evening cocktails everyday bug free with a wonderful gulf view.

Room Tip: No elevators. Lots of stairs to the top unit and the floors are not soundproof, so the bottom units will have some noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank nursedocstl4
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We have come here for 25 years. A beautiful 2 bedroom unit, all units face the gulf. Easy walk (about a minute) to the Gulf. Units are fabulous. Three weeks of heaven for us. Office staff and grounds crew are all really nice people! Breakfast overlooking the water every morning. A quiet getaway. Near tons of excellent restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank stagsknights
Reviewed 7 July 2011

This resort is beautiful. It is quiet and the beach is lovely. Another review mentions that you won't have to contact management because the units are well equipped. This is true and it is a good thing. As I left I realized I need an address for a location. I had already locked the unit and was turning in the keys at the office. I asked if the desk agent could please look up an address for me. The response I received was a deadpan, "No." No explanation or apology, just, "No."
I left with a bad feeling about the resort due to this.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
32  Thank jujubGeorgia
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We stayed the first week of August and it was beautiful. The were no signs of any oil, and the sandy shell covered beaches, and warm Gulf waters were extremely relaxing for our family. The Cottages were very comfortable and spacious. Hoping to come back next year!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank OSprey92
Reviewed 10 January 2009

We just cam e back from our first visit to Sanibel Cottages. We adore it there! It has gulf views that are beautiful. We like the fact that it isn't a large resort. It was not crowded at the pool or the beach. For a change we didn't have a beach trip where you have to get up at 7AM to reserve a pool or beach chair. You are given 2 chairs with your room. We rented a beach umbrella from the office for $5 for the week. The rooms are spotless and updated for comfort and attractiveness. The location is convenient to everything on Sanibel. We will for sure return to this lovely resort!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank christeach2