All reviewspineapple lodgethe cottagesthe kitchensmall balconyold floridashuffleboard courtlounge chairspalm treesfew stepslaid backrent bikessecond floorlove this placestaff was very friendly and helpfullow keycoffee potheated pool
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We stayed in the Pineapple Lodge which is only feet from the beach. Super clean!!!
Our room had 2 queen size beds and a full kitchen on the second floor. A large bathroom with 2 sinks, tub and shower. It was newly renovated and very comfortable. The only problem was a noisy refrigerator but when we reported it to the front office they immediately called to have it repaired. We cooked most of our meals and found the kitchen to be well equipped with new items and enough to be comfortable. The only thing missing is a 'colander' which would be helpful when cooking pasta or making a salad.
Each unit has a small balcony where I would have my coffee in the morning but the AC units are loud when sitting out there simply because they are all on that side of the building. Our room had a slight view of the ocean which was lovely.
We loved walking to the beach within a minute! There's a shower just outside the building which is convenient when returning from the beach. My daughter loved the little 'seashell' tub outside where she would wash her shells off each day. Plenty of beach towels upon request.
Office staff was very friendly and helpful anytime we had questions.

Room Tip: Best views are on the second floor closest to the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy F
WatersideSanibel, Manager at Waterside Inn on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you for the great review ! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I have been coming here for almost 2 decades. There is a quaintness about this resort that makes you feel at home but very remote from the rest of the world. I love the fact that they did not change anything. It is a true gem. The condo had two beds ad a huge bathroom. It had a mini fridge and microwave. You rarely spend any time in the room. If you are not collecting shells 1st thing in the morning, than you are laying on the beach or walking the beach. This part of the beach is super private (it is on the beach and our view was perfect) and when we were out there we met people from all over the USA who come here just to shell. I recommend eating at the Lazy Flamingo and going to the Shell Museum once. This was the laziest vacation I ever had. I simply relaxed and relaxed some more. I would go in to the ocean and waddle around. OMG what a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: Get a cottage but really you cannot go wrong
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BigTimeTravelFamily
WatersideSanibel, Manager at Waterside Inn on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I travel extensively and due to time restrictions I only review probably 10 percent of the accommodations I stay at. I very rarely feel the need to write a negative review. I understand that hotel staff can occasionally have a bad day but the way I was treated at The Waterside Inn is inexcusable. I arrived on June 21 at 3:10 (check in begins at 3) for 2 nights. I was told one night I would be in one room and then I would need to move my belongs and my car and return to the office to return my key, sign papers and then move into another room. I nicely said I would rather stay in the same room since I had quite a bit of luggage. (My 2 week vacation was just starting). I also mentioned I had items that would do better staying in the refrigerator. The woman behind the front desk snapped at me you aren’t in a kitchenette anyway. I replied yes I know but I do have a fridge and I’d prefer not to move rooms. The woman at the front desk then started YELLING at me saying the room change was MY FAULT. She said I should have known better then to book through Expedia. She continued to scold me saying I also should have known better and should have contacted the resort directly! I was floored and muttered that I use Expedia quite often and have never had a problem. She yelled at me again saying I just wanted the lower price for the room and that Expedia was the worst!!! I asked why Waterside Inn does not terminate their listing on Expedia. She again snapped at me and said we will never drop Expedia because we get too many bookings from them. If the room change would have been presented to me in a nice way and possibly apologizing for the incomvience I would have understood. But to be scolded and snapped at is unacceptable. On a positive note the rest of the staff was very nice. Adam ended up helping me move my belongings the next day and the housekeeping staff was very nice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank palmtreequeen1
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I will start out by saying we enjoyed our stay at Waterside overall. We enjoyed the location, the cottage (stayed in Lime 103) and had the best housekeeping I have ever had.... better than any hotel, for sure. Cottages were small and slightly outdated, but we weren’t there to hang out inside all day, so they were just right for what we needed. There is a hose and shower head in the back of the cabins to use after the beach and a clothes line that we also used a lot.
The problem we encountered was on the first evening after we checked in. We were getting settled in our room and our 15 year old daughter wanted to turn the light on in the kitchen/dining area. She turned the ceiling fan on and pulled the light cord on the fan.... she was electrically shocked from the fan. The current grabbed her and when she pulled away, fell to the floor, knocked over a chair and was scared and crying. We reported it right away to the office. They sent their person to fix it on the next day, Sunday, who opened up the fan and he and my husband saw 2 exposed wires resting on the casing which caused the shock.
My problem is that no management nor owner of the property ever contacted us after we asked the front desk 3 times to leave them a message. I wanted to directly report the problem to them. Never heard from them. The lady in the office was extremely nice and assured me they had been given messages.
The manager did finally contact me on an unrelated matter the day we checked out and when confronted with the issue told me be because my daughter wasn’t taken to a hospital and they fixed the fan, there was no need to contact me any further. She also stated the owners were absentee owners and would not contact guests. She was not even pleasant to talk with. She was dismissive and condescending.
What they don’t know is I am the owner of multiple businesses where I have had accidents happen before. I do not ever act unconcerned, I offer medical treatment, I offer a discount, I offer to drive them home, call someone, whatever the situation needs. My employees do the same thing, I don’t even have to tell them to, they know how to treat others. I also personally call the next day to check on their well being and make sure they are ok. I care they chose my place of business and feel horrible when accidents happen, my fault or not.
All and all, a cute place, but be careful!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank bmadsgirl
Reviewed 19 June 2018

It was exactly what we had in mind when we planned our trip. Low key, clean, right on the beach. I would definitely recommend for those wanting a nice chill place to stay on Sanibel. The front desk was wonderfully helpful...it was a great experience all around

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Tania A
WatersideSanibel, Manager at Waterside Inn on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for the nice review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon!