As with most beach side lodgings, the cottage was overpriced, even for "off season." That said, the location is stellar being just steps from the water. The cottages are bright if a little dated. (Who needs a rusty medicine cabinet?) the bathroom is teeney. Central air is a plus to lower the humidity. The screened in porch is great for sitting out at night - even no-see-ums love paradise. Open the jaulosie windows for gulf breezes and the sound of the waves. Stock up the kitchen to save on eating expenses.
Although we did not use the pool, it looks inviting. Beach chairs and towels are available. The grounds are meticulously kept. The front desk can help arrange activities although we found plenty to do on our own.
We had a great time. Look for Internet specials.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you searching for that true Olde Florida charm and style? Look no further than Waterside Inn! You?re just steps away from the beautiful beaches of Sanibel. Amenities include a heated pool, beach loungers, on-site bike rentals, and BBQ grills. Come to relax and unwind in one of our small inns or cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Hotels.com so you can book your Waterside Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Inn On The Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Resort Sanibel Island
- Waterside Inn On The Beach Sanibel Island, Florida