1,448 results
All reviewsperiwinkle buildingbeach hutpaddle boardspool barresort feebeach staffnew york timesbutterfly gardenfridge and microwavescreened in porchchairs and umbrellasgulf viewsecond floorcoffee makerpool sidefree bikesocean front
Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

The room has bugs, air conditioner issues, safe malfunction issues, everything you will find with a aged property. You might be able to overlook these some issues (however I will need medical assistance on the bites) if the staff showed any morsel of concern. However they blamed the "noseums" until I showed them photos of the mattress that I took. And still they would
Not accept responsibility.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jacqueline H
Reviewed 19 September 2015

Sanibel Inn is a lovely place to stay. The Inn is located on the beach accessible by a short boardwalk. There is an L shaped pool on the property as well. We had a standard room in the Jasmine building. The room was basic, clean, faced the ocean. It had a microwave and small frig but did not have any type of kitchen utensils. We arrived early and we were able to check in. The staff at Sanibel Inn was exceptional. The woman at front desk was polite, friendly and accommodating. We had a problem with the ceiling fan not working. It was repaired immediately. Ken the maintenance person was so nice. When we saw him during the rest of our stay he always spoke to us. While all the
staff was great, Chris the gentleman that was responsibe for the beach front was far away the best. Chairs were set up on the beach around 8 in the morning. Umbrellas, bikes, kyaks and paddle boards were available to guests. Whenever we hit the beach, he would bring our umbrella down, set it up and made sure we had everything we needed. He did this for all guests. Always positive attitude and he was always running and it was HOT! We will defiantly stay there again. The Inn is perfect if you want to spend your time on the beach reading, relaxing, swimming and collecting shells.

Room Tip: The standard room really did not have anything in it to serve snacks, drinks or anything microwavable. Yet it had a frig and microwave.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nonni311
Charlie W, Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

Dear Nonni311,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience at Sanibel Inn. I am very pleased that Ken, Chris and the rest of our staff were able to go above and beyond to provide you with a delightful stay. Please know that I will pass along your kind words to them as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

Sadly, our experience was very disappointing. Upon arrival it took over 3 hours for our room to be ready. My (adult) daughter cut her leg on some random piece of metal sticking out of the bed. It bled and she has a scar from it. She also got locked in the bathroom for a period of time as the latch malfunctioned and had to be completely replaced. There was mold on the bathroom sink handles. Daily towels were left for 2 people when there were 3 of us. We had to get our own toilet paper as a replacement roll wasn't left. The coffee packets that were left were for a 10 cup coffee pot when ours was a 4 cup maker. Coffee was terrible and we had to clean our own coffee pot. We went to the restaurant for breakfast and ordered our food. We asked for milk instead of cream for our coffee. We were told they were out of milk.!! How can you be out of milk?? When I asked how they were going to make our scrambled eggs without milk, the waitress replied that they are fake eggs from a carton (and they were charging $10 for this). We told her to cancel our order and we would go elsewhere. She walked toward the kitchen and YELLED, "cancel that last order - they're out of here." Totally embarrassed us." After a conversation with the manager, he apologized profusely and agreed to refund a night to us. It's been almost 3 months and no refund yet.....unacceptable!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank Barbie A
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed at the Sanibel inn with my family and we had a great time. Hotel staff were very friendly and professional. I like the fact that there was someone always available to give beach and pool towels, set up umbrellas and chairs at the beach. The bicycles, kayaks and paddle boards were nice extra. The reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating is because I had a bad experience at the restaurant, although Marion from the front desk resolved it and I'd like some entertainment by the tiki bar. I would definitely stay at Sanibel inn again and again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank scorp82
Charlie W, Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2015

Dear Scorp82,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience at Sanibel Inn! We are so grateful that you chose to spend your Labor Day weekend with us and we were able to provide you and your family with a delightful stay. While I am sorry to hear about your experience at the restaurant, I am glad Marion and our staff was able to quickly resolve any issues you encountered. We look forward to an even better experience next time you visit.

We will see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

A beautiful inn on the beach with outstanding service. Rooms are spotless and well appointed. Breakfast is not included but the on-side restaurant is very reasonable and good. Bikes, paddle boarding and kayaks are all available and included in the rates.The island is very laid back and friendly.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maryellen S
Charlie W, Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Dear Maryellen S,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience at Sanibel Inn! I am very grateful that our staff provided you with outstanding service and assisted you in having a wonderful vacation.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.