All reviews sleep number lighthouse cafe private patio big room east end deli laundry facilities light house the air conditioning fully equipped kitchen chairs sanibel office beach tub drain unit cottage
Reviewed 4 June 2018

It's as if it were abandoned. Arrived to find the envelope. Room appeared clean and clean smelling. Inspection revealed years of dust and grime at the base of furnishings. Two of the three table lamps worked. The third had no bulb. After a house-keeper was tracked down, she reported that she could not help. She further said another person would come in the afternoon who could solve the bulb problem. No one appeared. The room remained too dark to comfortably read throughout the stay. The outside property was poorly maintained and tattered. Remembering the large parrot cage near the office from years ago, the parrots then were delightful to greet and watch. A visit with them was sought. The cage appeared abandoned and unattended. An artificial parrot was the only occupant. That parrot lay on the ground in the growing weeds. Clearly, it had lain there a long time. It is unclear how guests' comfort is enhanced by the very namesake of the venue being permitted to publicly rot in the weeds.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnfjohnston
Reviewed 2 June 2018

The Parrot Nest only has six rooms, and I'm amazed we went nearly a week without seeing anyone working at the place besides cleaning staff.

This is a low-amenities option to stay at. There's no daily maid service, but there's a laundry room and you can grab spare towels. No room service, but most of the rooms have a full-sized fridge and such.

The room was clean if a little 'eccentric.' It resembled a rental house in some ways more than a traditional hotel: If that's the experience you want, this is a great option.

The amenities did include some useful features like each room had a couple chairs to take to the beach and a small cart to haul them in. Also, rooms have outside covered tables and chairs, and there's even grills should you want to cook outside.

Room Tip: Each room is different and has different features. Check the website before booking.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

No one answer the phone when you call. The people staying in the room next to me walked in and there were still people cleaning the room and they were told to leave and come back in a few hours. My boyfriend woke up at 5 am covered in big bites. Both of the women working there were rude and sarcastic. Instead of addressing the issue Megan preceded to argue with me. There were also loud banging noises in the middle of the night. Even holes in the floor. Not a good experience at all. Not a happy birthday

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kaleighbeloyan
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Okay. When we pulled in to the grounds, I was a little concerned. Walked up to the 'office' only to find a locked building that had an open window with a curtain in front of it. There were 2 envelopes attached with clothespins. I opened the one with my name and it pretty much had all the info I needed. So, we found our unit which was open and the keys were inside as stated in the letter in my envelope. It was a little hard to get used to as we live in the NYC metro area, but I kept an open mind that this place is safer than I am used to. The TV was on as was the a/c which was welcomed. First thing I noticed was the bed - A KING SIZE SLEEP NUMBER BED!!! That alone was worth 5-stars. I was thrilled that I was finally going to have a good night's sleep while traveling as my mattress at home is a Sleep Number. The room description stated there was only a shower and no bath tub which is exactly what I needed as I am a disabled, zaftig (aka plus size) woman and have mobility issues. I go into the bathroom and almost had a heart-attack! Whoever designed this bathroom was out of their mind! The shower is completely enclosed like a coffin (yes, I am also claustrophobic) with an 18" (maybe 20") cutout to walk in. They could have used glass blocks and installed a normal size shower door instead of a concrete sarcophagus. For $250/night you would think they could be a bit more handicap-accessible or at least note on their website that they are not. Thank God we are only here for 2 nights. I will just have to make due with what is available.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Very quiet place, grounds neat and spacious. These are called efficiencies with no office on site. Easy check in at a little kiosk. Our unit had a kitchenette, sorta. A hot plate does not a cooking place make. The light hung down in front of the cabinet so every time you opened the door it knocked the light around. The tub hot water was screwed up and hard to turn on. Called about it, but didn't completely fix it. Also, the shower curtain was so long it plugged up the drain. Bed comfy. Laundry facilities convenient and good. Close to areas we wanted to go, very private and quiet. Easy parking.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business