“Delicious gyro”
Review of Zorba's Restaurant

Zorba's Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 243 Restaurants in Sanford
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Heading home from the farmer's market in Sanford we discovered Zorba's restaurant. Gyro or gyros is very popular in Europe and we miss having it in Orlando so we were glad they had the gyro sandwich on their menu. All we needed was a quick meal to satisfy our hunger but this gyro and the restaurant offered much more. The server was friendly and service was super quick as we ordered the sandwiches to go. The meat was well seasoned, wrapped in fresh warm pita bread along with tomato, onion and tzatziki. We visited Athens recently and had gyro there but I must say we enjoyed Zorba's gyro better. I highly recommend it. We will be back to try other items on the menu!

1  Thank M M

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We were in town to attend a show at the theater and was running a bit late so we choose Zorba's because it was less crowded then some restaurants. We were surprised how good it was (not sure why but I guess because it was not crowded).

The dinner choices were varied and authentic with daily chef specials. Everything we choose was really tasty and fresh. The service was friendly and helpful. It is stated they only use fresh, non processed food. Based on what we had I believe them!

We will definitely plan on eating here again!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

While visiting Sanford with friends, we wandered downtown one evening for dinner. At the recommendation of some locals, we chose Zorba's. The staff were extremely helpful with our questions about the menu and very prompt with getting our food to the table. We had hummus, pizza, spanakopita, and gyros, each deliciously prepared. For a Greek meal in Sanford, I would definitely return to Zorba's!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

The salad was, sadly, lacking, much else was lacking from the Greek side of things. The service back in the Spring when first - and last - I ate there was spotty at best. No ouzo. No retsina. More emphasis in pizza than traditioal Greek sea- or peasant food. A really nice menu featuring expensive items of organic or other high-falutin' manner, but I just wanted a nice wine, a nice lemony dish of Crete from 1968. The olives I think came out of a can.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Having been in food service for 3 decades and being quite critical of food especially Mediterranean styles.. I was astonished by the quality of the food here.. absolutely outstanding.. I will not hesitate to return..little lacking on the wine selection.. but hey you can't win them all.. if you like authentic Greek cuisine.. this is assuredly a place you don't wanna miss