“Breakfast with a view”

Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Sandestin
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: With Nearly two decades of restaurant management and menu development experience, Bryce Jarvis knows what a customer expects from a resort restaurant. "I'm passionate about providing a great experience for our customer, and the Sunset Bay Cafe gives me the opportunity to share what I love best about food and Destin, Sandestin, The Beaches of South Walton, and the Emerald Coast with both visitors and locals alike." The Sunset Bay Cafe space has been a number of different restaurants over the years, but Bryce, and his co-owner Gary Jarvis, feel the location needs a locals touch to really make the most out of the views and the ingredients available to the kitchen. As captain of The Backdown 2, Captain Jarvis lends an expert's eye to local and sustainable seafood and fresh ingredients. "Our menu really focuses on the best ingredients available every season, " he says. In addition to classic breakfast favorites like pancakes and waffles, diners will be able to taste some really innovative twists on classics, like Roast Beef Benedict and a fish of the day. Located near the Linkside Conference Center, the restaurant overlooks Choctawhatchee Bay and offers a full bar, outside dining options, a Tiki bar, and "grab and go" options, perfect for the golf course, the pool, or the beach. Holy Cakes, an award winning bakery owned by Bryce's wife Miranda, provides an assortment of muffins and cupcakes daily, and social orders by request. The Sunset Bay Cafe celebrates the spirit of "Old Florida" while encouraging innovative cooking emphasizing fresh, local ingredients.
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Sunset Bay Cafe is a little gem. This spot is nestled away on the bayside of the Sandestin Resort. We went for breakfast and the food was really good. Try the Sunset Bay Omelette, it has a crabmeat, baby shrimp, cream cheese and shallots. It was simply wonderful. We sat outside and the weather was perfect and the view was breathtaking. Service was pretty good, they were cordial and came by periodically. The meal was conservatively priced and well worth it. If you are looking for good meal with a view, this is your place.

Bryce J, Owner at Sunset Bay Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind words!

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere was fantastic as well as the decor.My favorite food was the chicken and waffles. We ate there for breakfast and went back for dinner. I can't wait to go back next vacation!

Bryce J, Owner at Sunset Bay Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

We are so glad that you enjoyed our Chicken N Waffles. We can't wait to have you in again on your next vacation.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Found this little cafe by way of a recommendation. It is located in a lovely setting with a view of the pool and bay. Simply decorated and clean. Nothing fancy but that's okay with us. We ordered a mix of breakfast and lunch foods. The order of French toast arrived with a very long black hair. The meal was removed and replaced. Unfortunately, it took quite a few minutes for the new order to be replaced. The rest of us had essentially finished our meals. We had to continually ask for individual items (jelly, cream cheese, more jelly, more tea, etc). We weren't a demanding group, but did want certain condiments to go with our food. The manager was apologetic for the hair in the food. But, did not offer to remove the meal from our bill (disappointing to one of our group members who happens to own a restaurant). I am pretty sure that we won't be back, only because the incident with the hair was not handled appropriately.

Mary,

I'm very sorry to hear about your dining experience here with us and how the situation was handled. I would love to discuss this further with you and ask a few questions so that I can figure out where our management team mis the mark. Please feel free to call me at the cafe at 850-267-7108 or email at Sunsetbaycafe@gmail.com. I appreciate it!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We've stayed across the street from this place for yrs and we've never tried it.
We typically go to Another Broken egg which is also great... but this place is the best we've had in the area. The atmosphere is great and peaceful, the service was great as our waiter was beyond nice and accommodating and the food was amazing. My best way to describe it is gourmet meets down south greatness. Best Gritts I've ever had and I'm a gritts snob loving Charlestown gritts. My daughter loved her chicken and waffles and my wife and other daughter were very happy with their meals.
Uda was super great server.

Definite repeat and

Must try this place!!!

1  Thank Alex4orlando

Alex,

Thank you for your very kind review. We are glad that we were able to take great care of you and we look forward to having you back in. We will see you soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to this location. I went with a friend earlier in the week and decided to bring my family back for breakfast as we headed out of town because I had enjoyed the atmosphere, coffee and food so much.

We checked the website and found out it opened at 7 am, which was perfect for our visit on the way out of town. We like to leave super early since our drive home is at minimum 10 hours.

Unfortunately the restaurant didn't open on time.

We got there about 10 minutes early and looked at the menu and waited outside. At 7 am we inched closer to the door, only to notice the lights were still out and there want a soul in sight. At about 7:10 we decided to call to make sure they were going to open, since we needed to get on the road. By this time there were several people waiting. A man answered the phone from inside and said to just give them a few minutes and they would be open. I said ok and hung up confused. After all the door did indicate they opened at 7 am and it was well passed that time.

At 7:13 they finally opened the restaurant and seated all of the waiting patrons. We got coffee pretty quickly, which was excellent. Our food was a little slow coming out, but it was wonderful.

I am not sure if we'll go back again on our way out of town, which is sad because we were hoping to switch to this place over the Donut Hole, our previous tradition, but since we can't be sure it will be open on time we can't take that gamble.

We are sorry that we threw you off schedule on this occasion with us. Our opening manager had to go to the hospital and it took us a few to get our backups in place. We normal open at 7 but were running a few minutes behind because of this. I hope that you will give us another try since you enjoyed the meal. Feel free to contact me at the cafe 850-267-7108 or by email at Sunsetbaycafe@gmail.com if you would like to discuss further.