Review Highlights
Forget the ocean; come to a spring instead!

I'd never gone swimming in a natural spring before this. Even the woman at the booth was excited... read more

Reviewed 5 May 2021
Amber W
Florida
Absolutely Beautiful

Went here on a Monday afternoon and it was a good time! This is part of the Ocala National Forest... read more

Reviewed 28 December 2020
jackbauerTX
via mobile

All reviews porta potties beautiful spring picnic area the water is crystal clear plenty of picnic tables the ocala national forest entry fee hiking trails boats boils manatees snorkel florida swimmers goggles fishes hundreds
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2019

We stayed at the campground near this spring, but only visited it once. It is beautiful and the people are really friendly, but it's also very busy. It is a popular hangout for people with boats, so you have the people who come by land and water. It was raining the day we visited, but we were still able to see everything. The birds there were a little aggressive, but the people held their own and their sandwiches through it all.

Date of experience: October 2019
2  Thank newtorv2019
Reviewed 29 October 2019

I can only imagine Ponce De Leon coming here to find the fountain of youth! The water stays a cool 72 all year round ... you warm your body in the sun and then just dive in, surfacing with a gasp. Talk about refreshing and clearing! These are mineral springs that heal the mind, body and spirit.

Bring your goggles so you can challenge yourself to dive to the bottom of the sink hole. The color of the water here reminds me of the electric blue of the Bahamas and I swear if it was bigger, you could see it from outer space. There is a dividing line between swimmers and boaters so everyone stays happily safe.

A walk from the parking lot should encourage visitors to spread their belongings amongst the family or bring a cart, you will need it if hauling heavy coolers. Small entry fee is well worth the price of admission.

BBQ grills available - bring your own charcoal - and plenty of picnic tables. Fun for everyone.

Date of experience: December 2018
2  Thank YSechrist
Reviewed 10 October 2019

beautiful water and nice picnic area...very crowded. Had a good time even thought there were so many people.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 6 October 2019

My friends and I (total of 7) arrived and thought it was amazing! We were enjoying taking photos and enjoying the water. We were having a great time until we noticed staff circling us and watching us from the shore. They were not looking at anyone else. We were taking photos on a palm tree that is curved in the water, they asked us to get off and we respected them. Less than two minutes later another group was playing on the same limb with no instructions to get off. We then got out of the water because we felt uncomfortable being watched. We then ate, where golf carts driven by staff members continued to circle slowly and watch us, but did not do the same to any other parties. We then went on a short walk and my sister entered a space that did not have signage or anything marking it as restricted. A staff member pulled up aggressively and told us all we needed to leave. He was rude, argumentative and disrespectful. He called for 911 when two people in our group asked him not to speak to my sister in the way he did and we would leave. He then radioed again for “a hostile group”. His actions and the actions of the rest of the staff members we encountered (except for the cashier) was rude and we did not appreciate being watched as we were the only group in the park that was primarily black. While I loved the experience when we were not being watched, I would not go back based on the actions of their team.

Date of experience: October 2019
7  Thank Cassidy C
Reviewed 3 October 2019

I always enjoy my time at Silver Glen. The water is so clear you can snorkel and see the springs. Experience the many fish in the area.

Date of experience: August 2019