“Interesting Food in Rustic Cafe”
Review of Wooden Rooster

Wooden Rooster
Ranked #121 of 986 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. They have an eclectic mix of food that we found intriguing. Perfect if you're looking for fresh, locally sourced food with a unique mix of flavors for breakfast or lunch.
Great options for gluten free as well.

Service was great, chatted about the food options and their approach. We spent quite a while perusing the menu and opted to try unusual crepes.

Food was great and the atmosphere is very mellow and cozy.

Look forward to trying something else new when we return.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Sometimes you have to turn off Beach to find little gems like the Wooden Rooster. Nice comfortable seating inside and nice tables on the sidewalk for seating outside. They make every Crepe to order and offer a huge variety of them as well as make your own. I just couldn't resist the "Be Happy" Smores and it really did make me happy :-) From Savory to Sweet. My friend had the Turkey Melt with Brie and it was yummy! This was our stop after the Saturday Morning Market run. We loved our choice. They also offer sandwiches and beer and wine selection. All Crepes are under $10 price. A very delightful and affordable way to sit, relax and enjoy some good eats.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

This cafe was recommended as a place for a great breakfast, and it doesn't disappoint. Great selection of crepes, coffee flavors, teas, omelettes, etc. for breakfast, and they're also open for lunch/brunch with sandwich selections chased down with a wide selection of craft beers and wines.

Overall, a nice little deli with indoor and outdoor seating carefully targeted to high quality, delicious food for the breakfast and lunch crowds.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Our hotel's breakfast was a bust, so I came up with this place on Trip Advisor and went back twice, it was so great. Wooden Rooster can best be described as down-home hippie country with Grandma's adult grandkids waiting on you. The place is a delight to be in, first of all--outdoor seating or huge plank tables and seats or benches. You go up to the counter and order, and the young people there take the order happily and bring it to you. Coffee's great, too.

The specialty is crepes, breakfast or lunch. I like crepes. I loved these crepes--cooked al dente (if you can say that about a crepe) and browned where they're supposed to be. I like savory, so the first morning, I ordered something called Swamp Grass, which consisted of sprouts, hummus, cucumber, tomato, lemon pepper and goat cheese. Now, I know it was good, but the hummus was a little much at 7:30 a.m., so the next two days, I ordered the Skinny goat--goat cheese, egg white and spinach--one day with buckwheat, the other with regular. You know that you've done the right thing when you feel satisfied but not bloated or full. My friend ordered the Honey Bee, which was a daily special and had banana, whipped cream, and God knows what else. I couldn't look at it, but she pronounced it superb! And you can fashion your own as well.

I wish that the Wooden Rooster would set up a nest where I live!

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

This is a small cafe with indoor/outdoor seating. Friendly staff and nice selection of crepes for breakfast or lunch. The place is a little pricey... 2 crepes, a small bag of chips and an iced tea was $27.82
My only real complaint is that prices are not listed on the menu board. I just hate having to ask how much the cost is...