Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$136
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
The Inn on Third(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$129
US$116
Good 3.5/5
US$124
US$293
Courtyard
1,745 results
All reviewsdali museumthe executive loungemahaffey theaterst petehotel is in a great locationview of the baytropicana fieldrays gamefree shuttledowntown areatangerineconferencepetersburgcvshonorspierflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Where to start....we arrived about 12:30 am with a non-smoking reservation. Apparently it was just non-smoking "preferred." After a long day of traveling we were given a smoking room which was like walking into a smoker's lounge, in addition it had stains all over the furniture. After a headache started to ensue we knew we couldn't stay there for the night. The hotel only had smoking rooms left and we had to leave and go to another hotel. Our conference was at the hotel and we came back the next night for a non-smoking room. It was cleaner but still old. We tried to enjoy the hot tub...but that didn't work out it was barely lukewarm. If I was coming back to St. Pete I wouldn't stay here. I've been in better Holiday Inns. The staff was very helpful though and the maid staff were wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Buckeye05
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Calling the Hilton "bayfront" seemed a bit of a misnomer as I could see the water from my 7th-floor room, but I couldn't figure out how to get there. There was a busy road, a baseball stadium, and much more between the hotel and the bay.

The staff of the hotel was very friendly and very helpful. When I asked for a good restaurant to go to for stone crabs, I was given directions to a terrific spot (not the typical tourist trap).

The water with strawberries in the lobby was a nice treat. The rooms were comfortable and clean if not special. My room seemed to get quite a bit of noise from the adjoining room. The pool was fine, but was not so attractive that I felt compelled to go for a swim.

The hotel was an easy walk to many fine restaurants in St. Petersburg.

I would be fine staying at this hotel again, but I would not specially plan for a return trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The lobby gives you a great first impression but the room (13th floor) left alot to be desired. We had a king sized bed with a separate seating room. The separate room had a three pane window that had two panes so horribly stained ....and stained within the panes that it wasn't a matter of not washing the window, it should have had the panes replaced. This place is old and the humidity has taken a toll on much of the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom, the lighting is so dim that applying makeup is only for someone very experienced by feel and light not required. lol.
Pro: Good location; friendly staff. King bed was comfortable. Televisions were nice and worked properly.

Con: Needs updating; overpriced for value; forget breakfast room service (cold food and only item edible was the bacon).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynda M
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The hotel lobby seemed promising and the hotel employees were very nice. However, the rooms were less than adequate. The curtains had stains, no refrigerator, TV reception poor and the mattresses had indentations were previous guests had slept and looked ancient!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiamiNatasha
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed with a friend who is a platinum Hilton Honors member, and he did not really care for this hotel. I disagree. Our room, a junior suite, was well-appointed with a comfortable bed and two wonderful HD TV's. Some of the carpet and walls could have used some retouching, but this did not bother me. We also had access to the breakfast buffet on the top floor and all-day access to drinks in the same area. The buffet was nothing to rave about, but it had good food. Their complimentary happy hour in the afternoon is even less memorable, but the view from the top floor room is fantastic.

The staff at this hotel is top notch. Every single employee we encountered was smiling, friendly and eager to please. I also loved the fact that there is a Starbuck right inside the property. Be warned, though, this Starbucks closes VERY early!

The location here is great. It's right in the middle of downtown St. Pete just minutes from the water, the Dali Museum and lots of good restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends