The Birchwood(St. Petersburg)
US$87
US$168
US$143
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

US$180
Budget Inn(St. Petersburg)
US$66
US$64
1,969 results
All reviewstower roomnew towertennis courtsbeautiful hotelrocking chairsmain buildinghealth clubbay viewal frescofront porchold world charmself parklobby barold floridafitness centermuseum of fine artsst pete
Reviewed 13 December 2017

I used to attend a confernce every spring at The Vinoy but it outgrew the facility. Because of the staff my wife and I now make the trip from Ohio at least once a year to get spoiled. We are blessed to have become friends with Joanne at the concierge desk, Dave at Alfrescos and Ismail at the bell stand. These people are why we keep coming back - they makes us feel like family! Checking out tomorrow but we are already looking forward to planning our next visit when Paul’s Landing is complete. Thank you for the upgrade to the bay view tower room - love the renovated rooms!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2017

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in December 2017. We are retirees and tourists from Philadelphia. We had visited St Pete a couple years earlier, staying at a B&B in the downtown, and we realized that the Vinoy was the #1 landmark and the #1 place to be, so we came back and stayed at the Vinoy. The hotel facility is magnificent with its gorgeous pink exterior, its grand lobby with eclectic modern furnishings, its super-beautiful, classic dining room (Marchand's restaurant), and its spacious front porch and outdoor seating that feels just right. We loved the atmosphere of this place, always lively but never too crowded or crazy. At night the place seems positively enchanted. It's a treat for the eyes and I took way too many photos of the hotel. At the Vinoy there is a relaxed and informal vibe that we don't see at similar deluxe resorts, even though the hotel seems to be a magnet for folks arriving in Ferraris or Bentleys. We got a superior bay-view room on the 5th floor which cost about $320 per night including taxes and fees, and the room was excellent. It was spacious and the large windows were perfect for enjoying the view of the water, marina, park , and nearby high rise buildings. The room had in-room coffee but no microwave. Downstairs on the main floor the cafe was useful, well-staffed and well-run, so it was easy to get good coffee, breakfast sandwiches and other snacks without leaving the property and without long waits..... or you can walk just one or two blocks to the edge of downtown St Pete where you can choose from many other restaurants and shops. We visited the Vinoy golf course, using a shuttle bus provided by the hotel. The golf course is a couple miles away from the hotel. The course is lovely and the clubhouse serves good food and drink in a terrific setting overlooking pools, golf holes and water features. We did not play golf but enjoyed the visit very much.
Three complaints prevent me from giving a 5 star review: first, I was not able to enjoy the pool because the pool area is under construction as the hotel is improving the pool and recreation complex. The main outdoor pool is open for use, but it is noisy due to construction adjacent to the pool. I was disappointed that construction noise continued even on the weekend days (although it was a little quieter than the noise on weekdays). Access to the pool is odd during construction, because you cannot walk to the pool directly from the historic hotel building, and must instead use the public sidewalk and go up a side stairway. Temporary bathrooms are provided in a trailer near the sidewalk. It's not a welcoming or convenient arrangement, as is, but you can see that they tried to make it work during construction. Second complaint: I used the hot tub each day at the pool, braving the noise of electric drills and saws, but on the 3rd day (Sun Dec 10, 2017, 9:30am) the water in the hot tubs was cold, and there was no staff on-site and no notification or signs that the tubs were not hot. The staffers at the pool frequently leave their post, but admittedly there was hardly anyone using the pool. Third complaint: on Friday Dec 8, 2017, the elevators in the historic building were very slow and we had long waits for elevators. It seems the hotel cleaning staff uses the same elevator(s) as the guests, and this slows down service very much and seems inappropriate. Despite these complaints my stay was enjoyable and I look forward to returning to the Vinoy when I can use the pools without construction taking place. In the past 5 years I have stayed at other great resorts in the US and Canada -- the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, the Homestead in the Virginia mountains, the Chateau Frontenac overlooking Quebec City, and the Fountainbleu at Miami Beach. This hotel compares favorably, has a better atmosphere and vibe, and costs significantly less. I highly recommend the gorgeous Vinoy hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlanG1211
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Beautiful Historic Hotel! Champagne at check-in! We stay here whenever in St. Pete. Even at $300-$400/night, it is well worth it. Step into the past and enjoy the feeling of being a VIP at one of the world's best hotels. Only blocks from the Dali and Chihuly Museums, keep the culture coming. We also enjoy the marina when there by boat. This is also a great venue for a conference.

Room Tip: For nostalgia, stay in the older, original section. Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Just back from a long weekend in St Pete and stayed again at the Vinoy. We have stayed here a number of times over the years and I must say that many things just keep getting better and some do not.
The hotel s currently undergoing some major construction to add a new restaurant and other improvements which made staying in the more expensive Tower Rooms a real pain. we had to tunnel our way through the hotel basement to get to our room.Then to access the pool you must go out to the street work through dirt and then climb a stair, all to say this was annoying but I believe the end result will be an improvement.

I wish they had told us about the construction when we made the reservation and we would have stayed in the mains building.

Next, I want to express my concern over the Interior Design changes in the tower the paintings on the hall and room ceilings are amateurish and an insult to the architecture the designer should of paid more attention to the client profiles.

Finally, the food is uninspired

Please do not get me wrong I love this property and there is nothing that better food and a more seasoned Design Team could not fix.

Room Tip: Tower Rooms with balcony are my favorite
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2017

First off - I too, read about the construction and knew we would have to walk a "little" to our tower room. It was no big deal. We did not use the pool, as there were too many kids yelling there and we did not plan on it anyway.
Food - Fantastic at Marchand's. Again, no idea how this can get anything but a positive review. We had breakfast every day, and dinner on our anniversary. The bone-in rib eye was one of the best I've ever had, and my wife's filet was superb. Service = excellent.
Breakfast - Verdan, our waiter was excellent! he should be commended for his all around help. On one day we did not have him, and it was not the same. Ask for him! On the breakfast buffet on Saturday, we sampled many of the offerings. Everything we had was top notch, and Bernadette, made terrific omelets and had the patience of a saint with all orders. Again, a true plus to have Verdan and Beradette there to help.
Front desk = excellent!
Valet = excellent!
Surrounding area of St. Pete is at your doorstep. It's a beautiful city with lots to see and do.
Room= excellent - except the cable TV. Channels severely limited .. No ESPN ?
All in all - would not hesitate t go back... oops,just mad reservations for March!! Awesome place to stay... friendly people...

Room Tip: Tower room, with bay
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple