Just back from a long weekend in St Pete and stayed again at the Vinoy. We have stayed here a number of times over the years and I must say that many things just keep getting better and some do not.
The hotel s currently undergoing some major construction to add a new restaurant and other improvements which made staying in the more expensive Tower Rooms a real pain. we had to tunnel our way through the hotel basement to get to our room.Then to access the pool you must go out to the street work through dirt and then climb a stair, all to say this was annoying but I believe the end result will be an improvement.
I wish they had told us about the construction when we made the reservation and we would have stayed in the mains building.
Next, I want to express my concern over the Interior Design changes in the tower the paintings on the hall and room ceilings are amateurish and an insult to the architecture the designer should of paid more attention to the client profiles.
Finally, the food is uninspired
Please do not get me wrong I love this property and there is nothing that better food and a more seasoned Design Team could not fix.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Bayfront Resort comprising restored Vinoy Park Hotel & Tower (1992). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort And Golf Club Hotel St. Petersburg
- Renaissance Vinoy Hotel
- Renaissance Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Renaissance
- The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club Florida