“Food sub-par”

Pam's Roti Shop & Caribbean Market
Ranked #224 of 999 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: We are a family owned business providing exceptional caribbean cuisine throughout Pinellas County. Our roti and doubles are freshly made daily and on the spot. Not only do we specialize in caribbean food, but we have a variety of seasoning and spices from the islands. Please feel free to contact us with any catering or grocery inquiries.
Reviewed 14 July 2018

I had the Chicken Curry w/ White rice. The food was sub-par in my opinion. It lacks distinct flavors (strong flavor but rather bland, if that makes sense at all. It basically was a bit overwhelming even with the rice and not too tasty) and is definitely not worth almost $10. One thing I did like was the hot sauce that I had on the side. Although I'm not sure if it was even supposed to go with the food that I ordered, I think it will go well with the beef patty. I did not try the beef patty by the way so I cannot comment on that.I will not be returning because I feel like there are so many other choices in this price range and I can get better value elsewhere.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I ordered the mutton meal with dal puri and jerk chicken with rice and beans, both excellent and filling! My nephew ordered the curry chicken meal wrapped in the roti with potatoes, another excellent choice!

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Picked up roti at this shop to have with my curry. It was absolutely delicious. Great spices there too.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Highly recommend that you make the trip to Pam's- a tasty diversion with the best roti outside of Guyana. All the food was spot on with good vegetarian choices, a selection of soft drinks and even Banks beer. Food is made to order, so enjoy the wait as you anticipate the mastery of homemade dahl puri. An authentic taste of the West Indies and a warm welcome from Pam and her family made for a memorable family meal. Thank you!

1  Thank mmlhope
Reviewed 7 February 2017

As if the great food isn't enough, the owners of Pam's Roti shop are the nicest people one could hope to meet. Always a friendly greeting and always great food, the chicken roti being a personal favourite! I know West Indian food and I know this is among the very best!