“I am hooked”

Smiley's Deli
Ranked #188 of 1,013 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Hi,
A co worker cued me into this spot. Great recommendation and glad that I stopped by today and ordered the Tony Montana? I think.

The sandwich was juicy, delicious and had a mouth watering garlic sauce with an amazing amount of pork and ham.This was a large pressed sandwich that could easily feed three people (We had two meals for two people). Fresh, great flavor and taste......almost addictive. I also ordered side of the roasted pork -which I have already eaten .. .....friendly and helpful staff. Definitely will be coming here regularly now that I have made the first trip here.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Smiley’s is our go-to for deliciousness. You literally cannot beat their Cuban. It is huge (large feeds 2-3 people) and is a hit every single time. Smiley’s food is consistently good. Owner is very nice...and his desserts made by mom are amazing. You can find lines at this place the moment they open but he hand makes the food and gets you on your way as quickly as possible. Order ahead if you can...no eat-in...take out only. Do yourself a favor and have a Smiley’s at some point in your life. You won’t regret it.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Worth the drive; wish we had one back in Texas! If you like "cuban" sandwiches, then you have to try the Tony Montana. Get the large portion, because you will want some for later. While it may be considered a hole in the wall, this is one hole you've got to try. We come here every year while in Florida on vacation

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I was looking forward to cuban food at our corporate meeting but DAMN this was better than I could have anticipated. JUICY pork, beautiful rice and beans, empanadas, the works. 100% recommend this place for cuban food.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

We LOVE smileys deli for day to day eating some of our favorites are The Tony, salchi papi (without vegetables) and any of the meats with rice and beans. We recently wanted some of our favorite local food for our wedding rehearsal dinner and chose smileys catering- it was a big hit with our guests who raved about it and went for seconds, it was affordable and the food traveled very well. Can't say enough good things about one of our regular local spots!