“Worst breakfast ever”

Ranked #183 of 999 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I didn't like anything about the food...everything seemed very greasy and unsatisfying. Service was ok and atmosphere was non existent. Once was enough.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here for decades and I always ordered the grilled feta pita. Delicious! The fruit salad is good as are the daily specials.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I am going to write this review plain and simple.

For me, it DOES NOT matter how good or bad the food, atmosphere or service might have been on my visit today. In today's world, accepting credit and debit cards is a COST of doing business! Period!

Most of what retailers can and cannot do involving credit and debit cards is governed by their contracts with the card companies, not by state or federal laws. BUT, debit transaction surcharges are banned nationwide and Florida bans any types of surcharges on credit transactions. Yet I was charged a 99 cent surcharge on my debit card transaction.

Most retailers build the cost of credit/debit transactions into their prices OR they give a 'discount' to anyone using cash. These are perfectly acceptable.

This is a NEGATIVE consumer experience all the way around. For me today, I had no cash and it was imperative that I pay by debit card. I resented having to pay a 99 cent surcharge! Especially since I know it's a no-no.

Okay, so what did I get for the price of my meal PLUS 99 cents?

I got the small Greek salad. It was decent with a lot of potato salad mixed in and fine shreds of Feta cheese. Not the best or the worst I've had.

Service was decent, but my server seemed rushed, and it was not crowded at 1:15 in the afternoon. She did not introduce herself by name(Restaurant 101). I waited a bit for a refill on my tea.

I was doing okay with my meal experience until I went up to the cashier to pay and was 'asked' if I minded paying a 99 cent surcharge. That's when it went downhill for me. I told her to go ahead. What was I to do, with no cash? I guess it MAY be possible that had I responded "I do mind, and I'm not going to pay that surcharge" that she might have processed my debit card without adding the surcharge. BUT, this should NEVER be a question or a possibility. NO SURCHARGE.....PERIOD!

I'll not be back.

End of review.

2  Thank John B
Reviewed 14 October 2017

The service was friendly and the portions were huge. But the overall appearance included dirty floors, unbussed tables, and just general disarray. This place could use a good cleaning -- and maybe some fresh paint.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

My father has been going here forever and I have experienced the friendly atmosphere numerous times. I have enjoyed both breakfast and lunch here and all the meals are great. Hostesses Cathy and Anita are spot on taking care of the regulars and they know what you like and have it ready. Great home cooking and you leave feeling full. Lunch time is busy and parking is at a premium. Overall great at home experience to be had.