“The chicken entrees are wonderful!”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #335 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I love Italian food! I'm also allergic to red meat and garlic!!! I didn't believe that was possible but the allergist says it's true. So, tanked up on allergy meds I'm always on the look-out for Italian food restaurants that don't hit you in the face with the smell of garlic when you open the door. Found it!
The Chicken Parmesan is my favorite. Next is the Chicken Scaloppini and the Chicken Marsala. The portions are generous and always freshly prepared. Don't miss the Chicken Under a Brick, especially for your group members who don't really want traditional Italian food.
If I have to complain, it's the bread. Sometimes I have to request a freshly made one but they always happily comply.
Right now, there is a lot of construction at Tyrone Mall. But if you slow down on Tyrone Blvd, there is one entrance just before 66th St., and another on 66St. just south of Tyrone Blvd. with all the construction, I thought they were closed! No, they are definitely open.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Our family went to an early dinner /late lunch so it wasn't busy (which we thought it was just because of the time of day). However, our food was terrible. The fettuccine was dry and brownish like it sat in the food service window while the other food cooked. The meatballs seemed "old"; and the waitress mentioned they hadn't been busy because of the mall construction. It tasted possible that food is kept too long as one salad had wilted lettuce. The bread was warmed but very stale. All of the salads were drenched in dressing. The server didn't check or ask how anything was on any course! Plates full of uneatten food should be an indicator that customers aren't happy!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We were out and about and decided to try Macaroni Grill for lunch ...Hubby had a Maker's Mark Manhatten that was a pricey $10.00 and I had a martini with blue cheese stuffed olives foe $8.50 ...the bread was to die for and the minestrone soup was excellent ..Hubby had the $9.99 lunch that was served with a mozzarella dish ..Caesar salad and sausage &pepper rigatoni ...it was all good and yes we will go back again ..

Reviewed 17 July 2017

......in seven minutes? Monday lunchtime, just two servers. Ours, Shirley was really nice and good at ther job but had the whole main restaurant to take care of. The other server was running the bar and the few tables there. So we wanted the "Express Lunch", great value at just $7 for a fresh, tasty and good size bowlful of rigatoni alfredo with sausage & mushrooms. The bread was fine for an extra $1, a flavorsome small loaf with a rosemary salted crust but although fresh out of the oven turned up half way through our meal. We sat for seven minutes before Shirley could get to us.....another ten minutes to take the order and for the drinks to arrive (because the bar tender/server was also on her own with about six tables full). Then once she took the food order it was up and on the table in eight minutes. Wait for the check, pay and wait for change. So the seven minute express lunch took well over a half hour plus a half hour we took to eat it. I still rate it very good because the food and server were. But if you are on a lunch hour from work, forget the "express" bit.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We went for lunch and it was pretty empty. The service was quick and helpful. The rosemary bread they bring out to you to dip in the oil is not good at all. It's brined or something; coated in some sort of salt. It comes out cold and it's pretty dense and hard. I got chicken caprese, my wife got some sort of ravioli with squash. The main dishes were good. They were average, but for the cost I'd expect either a lot more quantity or significantly higher quality. $14.50 for a tiny chicken breast and a cup (cooked) of spaghetti seems excessive unless it's some of the best food you've ever had and this isn't it. The cheapest thing on the menu was alfredo for $13.50. For the price there are many, many better options in the area. Oh, and the music playing is awful.

1  Thank blindedbyscience