“Enjoyed fish and vegetable soup”

Lanna Thai Restaurant
Ranked #151 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

They have perfected the vegetable soup with its solid veggies and garlic broth. The salmon with green curry is very tasty with just the right amount of heat. My wife also enjoyed the veggie fried rice. This continued to be one of our favorite Thai restaurants.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Any time we go there wait staff treats us like family..quick service and nice spicy food if you ask for it that way..scallops are the best

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Fantastic Thai restaurant . This is the top Thai in our area. I cant say enough about it. Has large menu and the atmosphere in the restaurant is wonderful. Not expensive compared to other places like it.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

The shrimp Thom Yum soup is authentic and the prices can't be beat. A great place to stop for lunch when you are out shopping.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Went there with a friend of Asian ancestry. She's the first of her family here in the USA. We both loved the flavors but she had to guide me away from some of the stronger flavors. The delicately flavored Chicken Rice soup brought flashback of the wonderful meals I had in Nepal,Thailand, Singapore and Hong Kong years ago. Everything is fresh and most made in house.
The appetizer platter had a nice selection of lightly fried food and steamed items.

On our second visit we ordered the fried Snapper. It is listed "at market price", ours was $32.00, + my 20% tip and tax. The fish was very enjoyable but overpriced by about $10-15 for the amount of fish we actually got to eat from the beautifully presented whole fish.
If you order this dish ask for the garlic sauce on the side. They bring a big bowl of it. It's got a wonderful taste (not too garlicky) and it's good on the rice as well as the fish. We took everything we didn't finish home especially the sauce! My friend eats crunchy pieces I don't find palatable.

My only complaint is the price of the fish. So be sure to ask the weight and price and then decide.