“Best Sushi Ever!”

Rain Japanese Restaurant & Sushi
Ranked #160 of 999 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

We have been to Rain ovee a dozen times and everytime we go it has been fantastic! Bobby is a real food artist and his dishes are just beautiful. We have been to several sushi places around town, but nothing compares to Rain. The food and the service are top notch!!

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

Tried Rain based on reviews of friends. It did not disappoint! Does not look like much from the outside but inside is lovely and a bit than expected! The rolls we ordered were excellent and the prices were very good! Our server went above and beyond to make us feel like we were her only customers. I had the Arizona roll, Spicy Tuna and Wild Thing (a specialty roll, only $11.95 for 14 pcs). My other 2 rolls were under $6 each. One of my friends ordered the Tuna & snow crab salad, it was different than expected but the presentation was excellent & the taste superb! This will be our go to place for sushi!

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

I absolutely, positively adore good sushi. As a Marine and an Engineer for an entertainment company. I have travelled the world rather extensively. I just wanted to say...NO, I HAD TO SAY. Rain, is literally the BEST sushi that I've EVER had ANYWHERE in the UNITED STATES! Outside of Japan itself or Manilla...I've yet to taste better. I'm now a life long fan of this restaurant. And will attempt to come here as much as I can..(schedule permitting) the very lovely wait staff are friendly and very attentive to your needs. The setting is basic and intimate. Well worth a return trip.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

Conveniently located. Nice decor. Cozy and a bit on the romantic side this would be a nice place to take a date. Great selection of sushi rolls, appetizers main dinners and drinks. All were very reasonably priced. My boyfriend and I had won ton soup to start. Our waitress brought us each a complimentary bean salad. Both soup and salad were nicely seasoned and portioned. My boyfriend had the chick a wow wow roll and duck dinner. I had the bagel roll. We both agreed everything was delicious. There were several regulars there so that was definitely a good sign. Waitress staff was friendly and helpful. We absolutely would recommend to friends and family.

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Call in my lunch order! I order the beef Teriyaki box! The beef was still warm,but it was a bit hard/overcooked tasted ok! California roll was good! Gyoza and seaweed salad were very good!
The food did not wow me!
Maybe if I go next time I try the sushi!