“Excellent Sushi”

Rain Japanese Restaurant & Sushi
Ranked #160 of 999 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

My wife and I sat at the sushi bar today at Rain. We both love sushi and have eaten at several places in the st. Petersburg Tampa area. The fish was superior quality, the sushi rice was done to perfection. Artfully prepared sushi, with friendly and attentive service. The decor was very relaxing. Next time we will try Rain for date night! This is our new sushi restaurant. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

The restaurant is in a strip mall and is difficult to see but well worth it if you stop. It's unassuming from the outside and not super fancy inside BUT... You receive a nice welcome and the service is attentive from all of the staff. We had sushi and it was very tasty and freshly made, they have a varied selection of sushi and Thai food. I will go back and try some more.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

I love this restaurant! The sushi rolls are very creative and have such fun names, as well. The food is always very fresh. I can order the sashimi any time and it will taste delicious and fresh. The owners take great pride in this place. Even if you aren't a sushi fan, there are plenty of delicious alternatives. I bring my 8 and 5 yr old all the time and it is the type of place they are welcome.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

I was not aware of this hidden gem located in a small strip shopping center in St. Pete, FL, but just had a very good dinner there! It is small, but service is great- attentive and quick! Very reasonable prices and Sushi and Thai food all tasted very fresh. Their Sushi rolls have very entertaining names- so even if you do not normally eat sushi- read the roll names! I had a few pieces of sushi (Sake/Salmon -my favorite and my measure of quality and freshness- excellent!)
I would have given a rating of 5, but I ordered Thai Green Curry, which listed eggplant among the vegetables included in the dish, and there was no eggplant, so I was disappointed. That being said, the dish was delicious- but just not as advertised.

Reviewed 12 June 2015

We found this place using TripAdvisor app. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the sushi. The service was well above the expectation. All of the servers were very attentive. Highly recommended and will definitely come back the next time we are in town