“Stromboli”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Been coming here since 1978. Order 347. After another customer 353 had got his Stromboli and sat down, I got up and ask about mine. Still on the board. Finally got it and went home. Bottom burned. Took 22 minutes to get it. I was a walk in and the other person. Maybe it was a off night for them.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I attended medical school from 1972 to 1976 in Buffalo, NY. Believe me, I quickly learned what REAL New York style pizza is all about! Well, this little Pizza restaurant has almost reproduced Bocce’s on Bailey perfect pizza (IMHO)! Their pizza was amazing and so is Toby’s. Enough said. Order their pizza and you will be very happy you heeded this review and others that celebrate Tony’s as the best!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My wife wanted pizza, and the reviews on this place were good, so we tried it. Toby’s lived up to expectations. We ordered a small pizza and a Philly cheese steak. The pizza was huge. Both the pepperoni pizza and the sandwich were very good. We would definitely go back. Not much seating.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Read the reviews, and had to visit. Front counter staff was friendly & very pleasant. Ordered the Garlic Knots, and a small Toby’s Italian Special Pizza. Small it is not. The pie is packed with ingredients; pepperoni, sliced Italian sausage, onions, green peppers, and extra cheese. Crust was excellent! Thin crust with lots of flavorful toppings that will fill you right up. Now, the Garlic Knots were outstanding. The aerobatics ensured a robust & delightful flavor bomb accompanied the baked dough. Who doesn’t enjoy fresh baked bread dough balls smothered in garlic & seasonings. I almost dribbled on my shirt in the process. In total, this is way too much for one person, so ensure you bring a dear friend.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Retired from NYC 5 years ago and moved to Jacksonville Florida. Sure we have ok pizza that passes as N.Y. style. Allegedly one of our establishments in St.Augustine was ranked #1 pizza in the nation here on trip advisor. Well I have to say, this place was closer to back home N.Y. pizza than any other pizza place I've visited in Florida so far. We started off with garlic knots which were the best I've had in years, to the point of us saving the tray to dip our crust later. Their sauce and cheese was on point, and as to the main failure of Florida pizza, their crust was like real N.Y. dough. If you are in St.Pete and craving pizza, do yourself a favor and stop here first.

Date of visit: June 2018