“Lunch time in St. Pete”

Ranked #25 of 999 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American & Caribbean kitchens. From street food to alta cocina, a St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos and most proud of our personal service.
Reviewed 2 September 2018

My husband has been there while on business and he took me there white we were vacationing in St. Pete tis past week. Awesome food and Drink!!

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has been open about 30 years and is still busy and it deserves it. I had the grouper and my date had a steak on skewers over yucca fries and both were excellent. Service was great and attentive without being intrusive. Good selection of Mexican beers and casual dress. This restaurant was mentioned in the New York Times in a feature 36 hours in St Pete for Spring training. I suggest a week night as there are long lines on weekends.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Great food. Awesome service. There were 6 of us and everyone ordered different plates. All were delicious. We also ordered the various guacamoles in a sampler. The crab guac was delicious!

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Excellent food, excellent service, excellent everything! This is a favorite of our friends who live in the area...and I wish we lived closer so it could be our local favorite, too! We all really enjoyed our meals, all of which were recommended by our server (I wish I could remember his name...seems like it was Justin or Jason...he was wonderful!), and he even steered me away from one thing I was thinking about having sharing what he has heard from other customers after getting it. THIS is the kind of restaurant you want to spend you dining out money on!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Downtown St Petersburg is full of seafood, oyster, and pub grub places to go. But what if you want good old chips and margaritas? Red Mesa is the answer. The food is not your basic Mexican - it features a fun twist on the tacos - like duck or shrimp to keep things lively. The plantains are also delish. Wash it all down with a pitcher of margaritas. The house margaritas are the best, so don’t feel the need to ramp up for some specialty drink.

The patio has a fun vibe. Even in August, it was not too miserable to enjoy the lights and bamboo privacy fence.

You have to be patient though. The service was S-L-O-W. Like really slow. So no worries about filling up on chips or having too many margaritas - you will be glad when they bring you one, and the thought of enduring the wait for a second is hardly bearable. Check, please.