1,636 results
All reviews front porch coffee shop room restaurant pool bar craft beer wood floors downtown st great bar charming hotel king suite great boutique chain hotels beautiful pool st pete free shuttle bottled water breakfast buffet
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

You will not find a hotel with better hospitality! The staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and the atmosphere is amazing and very wholesome! I have stayed here a couple of times and the most recent was on new years eve and the hotel's shuttle service dropped us off at outback for dinner and when we called to have them pick us back up we found out the shuttle broke down and before we had a chance to call a cab or start walking the hotel employee who dropped us off arrived in his personal vehicle to pick us up. Also later on when we were enjoying drinks by the pool I went to the inside bar to get a sangria since they didn't make them at the outside bar and asked the bartender if I could get an aluminum bottle of bud for my husband and he said they didn't have those bottles inside but he could pour a regular bottle of beer in a plastic cup to take our to pool since we couldn't have glass out there. I thanked him and told him I would just grab an aluminum bottle at the poolside bar. I went back out and proceeded to wait on one side of the bar while the poolside bartenders were waiting on others on the other side of the bar. I hadn't been waiting 30 seconds when the bartender who waited on me inside came right out and grabbed me my order and served me. I was blown away by the employees constant willingness to go above and beyond for their customers!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amantha T
Nick H, Front Office Manager at Hollander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2016

We Thank you for the wonderful review, and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay
with us. I am very thankful that my employees have the same sense of care and concern for our guest as I do. We look forward to seeing back with us very soon.

Thanks, Nick H

Reviewed 31 December 2015

This was a quaint hotel with so much charm. So much better than our choice from last year. We loved the location, free parking was available on site and the food was absolutely delicious and very reasonable priced. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our needs. I met the owner Nick and he was very hospitable. Our room was very spacious and clean. The new pool and outside bar was fantastic way to relax. I fell in love with the atmosphere of the hotel and the staff members. We will definitely be back next year for our family visit.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2015

The Hollander is an older hotel with a big, wide porch nice for drinks or breakfast. Service was very friendly, and the lobby area/bar had a nice vibe. Rooms, while old are reasonable size and the beds were comfortable. Extremely small bathroom, with weak shower pressure. The pool area is very nice, recently redone, with plenty of sitting area and a bar. About a four block walk to Beach ave, 10-15 mins. All in all a pleasant experience, especially for the price, but not for someone looking for a modern hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask to overlook the pool, as the other option is the parking lot
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2015

This is a wonderful place. Charmingly old (three buildings hooked together), charming, quiet, unusual, and perfect. The rooms are spacious and immaculate. There is a glorious main stairway, but an elevator, too. We went down for dinner, thinking the 20+ beers on tap would be the treat and had a gourmet meal--clearly someone in the kitchen is a real chef. The long front porch is perfect for breakfast, drinks, resting. We didn't use the pool, but it is beautifully done up. Within walking distance of the bay and downtown. Free parking, but we walked everywhere. If you are tired of the usual plastic adequacy, give this great place a try. We will definitely go back there if we return to St. Pete. Every staff member we met was delightful and helpful! How different is that!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MackSandy
Nick H, General Manager at Hollander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2015

Thank you very much for the nice words in your review, we do
sincerely appreciate the comments. We are glad you enjoyed your
stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

not sure how they got to a #4 ranking, less eclectic than dated and not that well maintained, rooms need to be aired out. Requested a quiet room, even though they were not full we did not get the top floor, had someone walking above us late at night and were overlooking ugly roof and a/c units. If you want hot water leave yourself 5 minutes for it to arrive. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful though and the price is good, but would rather pay more for something else.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Nick H, General Manager at Hollander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

Guest comments are always appreciated, in cases where other
booking companies are involved, we can only go by the info given
to us by 3rd party booking companies. They do not know our hotel
and their notes are rarely given to hotels about specific requests.
If you have certain needs or wants always contact a hotel
directly. If you would of said you were not happy with
the room we would of gladly moved you if there were rooms
available.
We are a historic boutique property built in 1933, we pride
ourselves on offering rooms and rates affordable for every need.
I do pride our property on Cleanliness, amazing hospitality, great
atmosphere and our great location.

Nick H