“My daughter said it was more fun than Disney”

Speed Boat Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$74.79*
and up
St Petersburg Speedboat Adventure
Ranked #1 of 81 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the adventure of a lifetime on our Speed Boat Adventure Tour! On this guided and narrated tour with a twist, you are the captain of your own speedboat. Follow our trained and knowledgeable guides to experience the best of both worlds - the THRILL of driving your own speedboat, and the safety of having a skilled guide introduce you to the beauty of the Florida coast. Located in serene Tampa Bay, this 2 hour tour will take you by beautiful National Wildlife Refuges and pass by the historic Fort De Soto Park. You may see pods of bottle nose dolphins, manatees, sea turtles, sting rays, and numerous varieties of local birds. No boating experience necessary! Book a tour today to guarantee an unforgettable experience for the whole family!
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I have been twice on this tour and it is a fun exhilirating way to see the area by water. I was surprised by my 7 year old's response. She hasn't been boating very often and laughed, screamed, and wanted to go again. Make sure you use the restroom before you go. It is a couple hours on the water. We have seen dolphins on both trips. They emphasize safety but let you have some fun.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

This was a fantastic tour, first of you get to drive your own speed boat which is awesome and then they give you a very in-depth tour of the Tierra Verda area and the bay that surrounds it. You spend an hour and a half on the water which sounds like a long time but it goes by all too fast. The staff is incredibly nice and friendly and gave a good tour. If you are interested in going out on a boat or for a tour I highly recommend you check these guys out.

1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed 21 January 2012

What a fun adventure! Super friendly guys. Turns out we had a "private tour" as the other people scheduled bumped themselves to the next tour time. What a blast it was. I had never driven a boat before so this was a great introduction and I picked it up right away. Scott was our guide and he tailored the "tour" to our taste (i.e. lots of full throttle). Highly recommend.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

This is definitely worth the money, but you may find it scary if you dont like boats or water. The crew is very nice and everything was very organized, but I wouldnt do it again because I was too scared.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Speed Boat Adventures is a family run operation that allows 2 or 3 people to drive a small power boat. Don't let the size turn you off. These things go fast! The typical setup is that each boat will follow the leader in its wake while each boat has a speaker so they can receive instructions and information about the sights during the tour. The tour will take you on a stroll through the Tampa Bay area and show off some famous sites. You will also get to take some sweet S turns at decent speeds, providing a real thrill. We were fortunate enough to go on a beautiful day in January and it was warm. Some people may consider a windbreaker to protect from the wind, which can be chilling at the speeds the boat go. Also, at the halfway point in the trip, the riders have the opportunity to alternate the driver. My 60+ year old father was able to drive the boat with no difficulty, so I can gladly recommend this as an experience for all ages.

The owners and tour guides were very professional and friendly. Following a brief safety and informational session which lasts about 15 minutes, you're ready to get going. The overall boat ride was about 90 minutes and is just about the right length. I definitely plan to go back in the future.

1  Thank Justin M